Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like liquid detergent or the pods?

i like and use both, but i tend to prefer the pods. i still do buy liquid so that i can do smaller loads sometimes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Tide Pods,  they get the job done and since our laundry room is in the next building. I love the convenience.   

Honored Contributor

I am not going to use either. Instead I have purchased SOAP NUTS to wash my laundry. I found out about them from reading a post here on this forum. 

Soap nuts will fall in line with my "purge" of unwanted chemicals in my home.

so-many-reasons-to-love-eco-nuts.jpg

Contributor

I started using the Tide pods when my teen age and young adult sons started to do their laundry. In the long run, for me it saves money - they were using ridiculous amounts of liquid detergent!  Now I just find it more convient and keeps the laundry area cleaner - no more spilled detergent. 

I've tried different brands but care back to Tide pods.  I use the fragrance free and find that they do a better job than anything else on my loads of laundry for my four (sometimes) smelly men!

Respected Contributor

Liquid

1- I need to be able to control the amount of detergent based on the size of the load.  I rarely wait until I have full load.

2- I do not like placing detergent directly on my clothes.  I have a front loader- so using the dispenser works better for me.

I do use pods in my DW though!

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I still use Tide Powder.

@chessylady, I see you & I are the only powder users that have responded so far on this thread.  Am I missing something regarding powder versus liquid?  I have never used the liquid or pods.  

Super Contributor

Well, I just used the pod and it worked well but the Tide scent is SO strong! If I see a container of unscented pods on sale I may buy them but I think I'm fine with my liquid for now. The pods would be handy for people with arthritis in their hands that can't pick up the heavy liquid detergent containers. I should mention that to my mother since she always buys the smallest liquid detergent container so she doesn't have to pick up a heavy one.

Honored Contributor

I got a sample of the pods not too long ago, and tey did a FABULOUS job in my Kenmore no agitator top loader.

I may buy some more the next time I run out. My colors and whites were MUCH BRIGHTER than with regular liquid Tide.

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

None of  he above. Nellie's Laundry Soap is the greatest! 

Bleech! I really despised Nellie's Laundry soap. How is it any different than national brands? All natural? Any scent free detergent is the same and my clothes certainly don't know the difference. I'm glad I tried it and found that, for me, it was a waste of money. I use whatever liquid detergent that's on sale at the time. Woman Happy 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I absolutely hate standing there holding the measuring lid of the liquid soap waiting for it to drip slowly out - so much stays in the cap. I really prefer pods. I keep a small bottle of liquid cold water detergent for doing cold wash or for small loads.