Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have some wood floors in your home, or all carpet?

Mostly carpet, but hardwood in the entry.  Is there a good way to clean it?  It has ground-in dirt from all the comings-and-goings.  Or would I have to refinish it?

Honored Contributor

Hardwood throughout with tile in the bathrooms. We just moved to this house in June. In my old house, where I had wall to wall carpeting, I realize now how bad that carpeting was for me! I used to walk around constantly with a tissue in my pocket, always blowing my drippy nose and would have bouts of sneezing spells. I have NONE of that now. I take it all to having my wonderful hardwood floors. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

All wood floors except the kitchen and bathroom.  I have a few, large area rugs which are machine washable.  

Honored Contributor

Only laminate and ceramic tile in my house.  Had to get rid of the throw rugs, as my husband was stumbling on them.  

Honored Contributor

I have ceramic tile in the baths, kitchen and entrys. Carpet in living/dining rooms and bedrooms  and laminate that looks like wood in the main hallway from back to front of the house. If it were just up to me there would be NO carpet and all hardwood but DH has neuropathy in his feet and likes carpet because it is soft.

Honored Contributor

I have hardwood in several rooms and carpet in the others. Ceramic tile in bathrooms.

Honored Contributor

I have cork floors except in bedrooms, baths and kitchen.  They were a huge mistake because the dogs have ruined them.  I hope to replace them with wood-grained vinyl planks which weren't available when I put in the cork.  I feel that vinyl is the most practical flooring in homes that see a lot of wear and tear.  I've seen vinyl planks installed and couldn't tell them from wood.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hardwood in the entry.  Ceramic tile in the kitchen, hall and baths.  Great room and bedrooms are carpet.

Honored Contributor

We have these in our camper and they are absolutely beautiful.

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have cork floors except in bedrooms, baths and kitchen.  They were a huge mistake because the dogs have ruined them.  I hope to replace them with wood-grained vinyl planks which weren't available when I put in the cork.  I feel that vinyl is the most practical flooring in homes that see a lot of wear and tear.  I've seen vinyl planks installed and couldn't tell them from wood.

Honored Contributor

Most of my neighbors have 100% ceramic tile floors as that is most common in Florida. I really dislike them because they are very hard - just like concrete floors - to walk on and they echo noise a lot which is disturbing.