Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have pets in your home? Have you ever been criticized for it?

DH and I have had at least 1 dog since we've been married and have had as many as 3.

I don't know nor do I care if anyone has criticized us for having pets. They've not done so openly to my face.

I do know people who are deathly afraid of dogs and if they come over, which is rare, I will put the dogs in our bedroom.

I can understand someone not wanting to have an animal of their own but I don't understand people who do not like animals. I really think there is something wrong with them.

Respected Contributor

I really don't care what people think about me having pets in my house. I can't ever imagine not having a pet in my life. If people don't like the idea of animals in the house or just don't like animals, then they don't need to come round to our home. Yes, our home. It's my cat's home as much as it is mine. I can understand that there are people that are afraid of animals or have allergies etc. However, just disliking animals is something I don't understand.

Super Contributor

I have a large pink refrigerator magnet in my home which reads:

THIS HOUSE IS MAINTAINED FOR THE COMFORT AND SECURITY OF MY CATS.

IF YOU CANNOT ACCEPT THAT, YOU CANNOT ACCEPT ME, SO GO AWAY!

IF YOU CAN ACCEPT THAT, THEN YOU CAN ACCEPT ME - WELCOME.

When I first met DH, I immediately advised him that I bred and exhibited Himalayan Persians as a hobby and at the time had about 10-12 of them. If that was to be a problem, then no sense in even going on that first date. He assured me that at one time he had 8 cats and a dog and that each of his adult sons had two cats. He asked if I smoked and I said no, so it was clear sailing from then. He has emphysema and asthma and we have at least two air purifiers in each room (and cats are not allowed in the bedroom), so it works.

No one has ever refused a meal invitation to our home. I'm known as a pretty good baker and often bring baked goods into the office. It's never been a secret about the cats and never is a crumb left. In fact, one of the partners is known for being extremely fastidious. I had just brought in a container of cookies as he was going into the HR manager's office - he told her to just wait as he didn't want to miss out on the cookies.

Granted, I do have cleaning help several times a week because I work long hours and am often gone weekends but, as they say, my house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy.

Honored Contributor

Today is a good day.

Why? Because not only is this Lisa Mason's first day back on the air, but because of reading about the (sometimes daring) animal rescues that you QVC watchers have accomplished! Bravo to all of you who took an animal out of a bad situation.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.