Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have an aquarium?

I am not a fan of fish as pets.

Respected Contributor

We've had aquariums over the years.  They are beautiful, and the fish are enjoyable to watch.  It's a little work periodically to keep them clean, but any pet requires attention, and an aquarium probably needs less time than a dog, for example. 

Valued Contributor

I have 2 Bettas.  In separate bowls of course. "The Betta Brothers"

I used to have a 20h that I enjoyed very much.

Respected Contributor

Daughter gets done college moves back home so she gets 55 gallon get it up & running then fish, so happy we have ranch style house when cleaning time came. Wow the money we spent on fish. Cleaning was insane, ok then she wants 2 kittens. Well gets a job & moves out so husband & I are stuck with this. the fish tank is gone, the kittens now cats have been living here for 6yrs. we say the housequests that never leave but really we love the cats. Daughter has a yorkie dog & he comes to visit every 2 weeks but got to keep cats in bedroom until he leaves seem they don't get along & stress out. It all works. The aquarium sat in the garage for 2yrs so before the big trash came ( they don't take glass) wrote a note saying the tank is good condition have hood lights & need a home, someone took it days before the trash so happy. Hate to say it but the toilet had alot of dead fish flushed. So of course we were off to buy new ones. So happy to see the tank go. I got upset never knew who would die, had some fish for years. 

Honored Contributor

I have four right now and would like to add more. I've had aquariums pretty much all my life. My fish are very pampered and live a great life.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I do not. 

My son had a couple of gold fish in a small tank when he was little, but that is the extent of our having fish.

Our dentist office has a big tank with beautiful fish and I like to look at them, but I wouldn't like the work or space a tank like that would take up at home. 

Two cats, a dog and a husband are enough work for me!

Super Contributor

Yes, I have a 20 gallon right now. Recently downsized from a 55 gallon when we moved. I researched and have only peaceful fish- White Cloud Mountain Minnows, Tetras, Corydorus etc. It is relaxing to watch them going about their lives. I just wish I had opted for a bigger tank than a 20 gallon. The tank is very little maintenance once it cycles and has the proper biological activity going on.  

Honored Contributor

We had an aquarium years ago when my kids were little. My kitty, at the time, would sit there for hours watching the fish swim back and forth. Sweet memories. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I had beta fish that lived for years, but nothing after that. I would love an aquarium and I just may look into it.

Honored Contributor

Up until about a month ago my Son and DDL had two.  One with water with a couple of big turtles they have had for several years.  The other was a dry aquarium that had some huge monstrous lizard.  My DDL desperately wanted it ten years ago when she saw it as an itty bitty baby at a pet store.  It died recently and she was heartbroken.  I cannot remember what kind of lizard it was but the thing was almost as big as me and in their dining room so I had to look at it/her/him(?) while I ate.  Very nice aquarium and a few years ago I asked to touch it, was interesting feeling for sure.  She cannot bring herself to replace it.  She still has her dogs and cats besides the turtles, but oh how she loved that monster.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."