Esteemed Contributor

Do you have a water feature INSIDE your home?

If you do, please share what you have (design-wise), where it has been placed, whether it's met your aesthetic expectations and also define any issues which have arisen.

I know this may be asking a lot, but I'm itching to have a 6' tall black marble water feature with a small pool at the bottom.  Water would simply gloss down the marble.

Many thanks in advance for taking on my questions.

~Rebecca

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a water feature INSIDE your home?

I have thought of that and installed a small bowl (13") with rocks with a water pump, in my bedroom, but it just made me want to go to the bathroom. Smiley LOL

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

I have thought of that and installed a small bowl (13") with rocks with a water pump, in my bedroom, but it just made me want to go to the bathroom. Smiley LOL

Oh, my.  Not exactly what you expected, right?  At one point, when I worked in clinical research, there were 4 of us in one large office.  The gal in the station next to me had a bowl something like yours.  She suffered greatly from the angst created by the othe 2r women in the office, so the water bowl was her source of peace.  Well, that started all kinds of bad energy, as one of the trouble makers complained that it made her have to go to the bathroom all the time.  I'm fully aware of that phenomenon, but my co-worker with the bowl couldn't understand it and refused to budge.  The electricity in that office was rather challenging!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do aquariums count? I've got four of them nicely planted and filled with fish.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I have a few. The main one is in the entry. I have a stained glass pedastal stand with a large stone cast bowl with river rocks. The water bubbles up in the middle of the rocks and just recycles. It's soothing.  I have a larger water feature in the family room. I did have another one in the master bedroom but then moved it to the den. I love it in there. I spend more time in the den than I thought and it's really enjoyable.

Your idea sounds absolutely beautiful. I would love to have that in the entry or the family room. Sounds fantastic!   

Esteemed Contributor

We have a wall of built-in bookcases in the den and I have a small aquarium in it. I find that soothing to look at.

I have 2 water features outside ...a small pond and a cherub fountain. I have the one close to the patio door and I can listen to the water in the family room when I have the door open.....

Respected Contributor

I have seen walls as you describe.  They are beautiful, and I have also wanted one, but in copper.  

Whether inside or out, DH and I have a history of bringing water into our environments, e.g. a 55 gallon aquarium, installed two swimming pools and built two small backyard ponds connected by a waterfall.  Then, as a new office warming gift, my DH once made a desktop feature for me.

It was bowl-shaped, probably no bigger than 12" in diameter, maybe 6" high. Small but beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed the calming sound in my chaotic office; however, it wasn't long before it became a problem -- algae.  A dose of swimming pool algaecide initially helped, but it eventually became too much of a job keeping water tubes, the pump and decorative stones clean.  I finally gave up and converted the bowl to a planter.  

All this to advise you to research how to keep your wall feature the source of pleasure you want and not yet another thing to have to stay on top of.   If you're like me, you already have enough of those

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.