Honored Contributor

Do you have a deck awning, or just an umbrella like I do?

Wondering about deck awning,  I may look up and investigate this, before I ever mention this.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have a deck awning, or just an umbrella like I do?

motorized awning.....love it....wouldn't be able to use our sunny deck without it...prices have come way down..

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

Funny that you mentioned that, a commercial for 'Sunsetter' awnings (motorized) was just on tv and they're advertising $200-$300 off of their $700 awning.

Our raised deck is roofed and screened, so I don't have any recommendations for ya' though.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Funny, I was just thinking about looking into a motorized awning ... we have a patio that's rarely used because of the sun/rain/heat ... 

Honored Contributor

we have a table with an umbrella.

would love to have a motorized awning that could be opened or closed. i have a feeling it would be quite expensive.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal   I had a deck awning, but they need replacing around every five years, so when the last one shredded, I now use an umbrella.  It was not a motorized awning.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom   This is so funny - been wanting to post this about SunSetter covering.  DO YOU REALIZE THAT TV COMMERCIAL HAS NEVER CHANGED AND HAS BEEN OFFERING THE SAME $200 OFF FOR   (wait for it).................THIRTY YEARS.  THOSE PEOPLE HE/SHE ARE GRANDPARENTS NOW.  

Yes, same tape for at lease 30 years...................unbelievable same  $200 off   LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal , I have one that is 24 x 12’.  It is motorized and has a wind sensor.  When the wind gets at a prescribed velocity, it closes automatically.  I paid quite a bit for it.  It is 13 years old.  Made by a 100year old local company that makes sails for sailboats.  They have a very good reputation and, true to their word, 13 years old and I have never had a repair.  It dropped the temperature in our living room in High summer by 10-15 degrees.  Love it.  LM

Honored Contributor

I don't sunbathe.....so my patio is surrounded by trees

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Thanks to you all.  Good points to think about.  MI may have its snow, but when it's sunny head comes out, it bakes you really well.  Still thinking about it and still have to see.  Very interesting on the pricing.