Respected Contributor

Do you have SIMONTON WINDOWS?

Do you like them?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have SIMONTON WINDOWS?

we have andersen windows.....an excellent company and product.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Never heard of them.  When we had our home in NJ, we replaced our windows with Pella.  Great product.

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard of them either; maybe it's a regional brand, like my windows, Marvin.  Andersen and Pella are national.

Esteemed Contributor

For what it's worth, I was told by a contractor that Andersen Windows sold their business and name so they're not the same Andersen Windows we've always known.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina.  I never heard of them either.  They may be a local brand exclusive to your area.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme my experience tells me the contractor may well be right - I had some Andersens windows put into my old house years ago with excellent satisfaction.  A few years ago, I bought an Andersen storm door.  I am not impressed by its quality.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops, yes think they've dumbed-down.  

I only found out about this 'cause I have to replaced a transom(?) window, probably this spring.  I was thinking of replacing with Andersen and that's when he warned me.  

It's too bad so many really good companies sell out and us consumers aren't aware.  This happens with so many products e.g. appliances, cosmetics, and even windows and doors!!

Honored Contributor

Simonton is a trusted brand for windows; they are manufactured thru Cornerstone Building Brands in NC.   

I only know this because my best friends husband worked for the company 35 years ago when they first moved to Raleigh.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You'd be wise to stay with a national company such as Pella or Marvin which are highly rated, BBB, guaranteed and will be around for parts/repairs in the future (if necessary). Thought this has been covered in a previous post? You will get what you pay for. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.