Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have 'House Plans' for 2018?

@kivah....I so wanted to tile our stairway, I despise the carpet idea but we are concerned about the safety issue as well as noise....are you happy with  the tile on the stairway?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

I used the same porcelain, long plank tiles for the top of each step - as the floor tile that was installed in my master bathroom/dressing area/walk-in closet. It's textured - not slippery. It's tile - but looks like wood. Make no noise at all - and I'm very happy with it. I chose the grey - which has lighter and darker greys running length-wise. On the front areas of each step ---- I chose colorful rocks, ie, tan, brown, black, blue. These are the same rocks that were put down at the base of my stall shower. I wanted something colorful and unique. My tile installer was fantastic - and everything was done to perfection. I'm "older" and having the tile on the stairs .instead of the carpet, makes walking up/down the stairs easier for me. Don't hesitate. Check out tiling stairs on-line --- to see which u like.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

The put grout all around the tiles/and designer rocks - so they stay in place - permanently. My tile guy said, "they'll be here forever" and I said, "but I won't be here forever". When tile is installed on the floor - upstairs on wood - they prep the floor before laying the tiles to be sure no water leaks downstairs. The same preparation is done on the base of the shower stall. It's easier to lay tile on slab, downstairs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There were 2 live oak trees in our front yard. Not the prettiest tree in the first place and they were too close together so they were growing into each other.One on our property and one our neighbor's. We and the neighbor went together and had them both cut down, stumps ground up and sod placed. Now we are going to look to buy a flowering tree to put out there instead. It HAS TO be a tree - some county ordinance about requiring a certain % of the plants provide shade.

No other plans here as we live in a villa (duplex) and would like a single home so we are looking to build again if we can find a perfect place and home.

Respected Contributor

Oh yes, we do.   Sell it and move to Santa Fe.

Honored Contributor

We'll be replacing and enlarging the deck.  This deck will also have a gate that locks so I can leave the kitchen door open to the woods but a pet can't wander off.