Respected Contributor

Re: Do you do laundry daily or wait and.........

When I was doing laundry for my family, it was every Sunday night.  Now that I live alone, it's rare for me to have a full load of clothes, so I do it whenever I need to or feel like it. 

Respected Contributor

I don't have a specific day for laundry.  I used to wait till I had a pretty big load, but now I like smaller loads.  Bedding is once a week. 

Honored Contributor

Since I am in an apt. it is a little for me as the washer and dryer is across the hall in a laundry room.  I have no set day.  I wash when I need to.  I was recently sick with pneumonia so I am still catching up on my laundry.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I do laundry once a week on Saturdays.

Respected Contributor

Call me crazy but I love doing laundry.  There isn’t much anymore since it’s just me so I try and help my daughter (next door) but even her family has dwindled, sighhhhh...

Got a happy surprise the other day when my oldest GD (26) called and asked for my help with her laundry claiming she was feeling overwhelmed by all the backed up laundry. She is recently in her first house and still in medical school so this was a huge admission for her and she even offered to come pick me up. Oh, how I love her!  I couldn’t jump in my car fast enough and drive over there.  No, it wasn’t nearly as much as I hoped, hahaha. We had a wonderful visit and exchanged tips for folding and then, as if my heart wasn’t full enough, she asked me to teach her how to iron. I am BLESSED

Honored Contributor

I send my laundry and the towels and bedding out to be laundered.  It's one of the splurges I give to myself.  Everything comes back beautifully folded and I just put it away. I send it out every two weeks.  Hubby prefers to do his own laundry.  He says doing laundry is therapeutic.  The mindlessness of doing his laundry and folding it is calming, he says.  We aren't allowed to have washers/dryers in our condon (bummer!) but there is a huge laundry center for residents across the courtyard from us. I started sending my laundry out when I had that bad knee and now I just can't go back to doing it myself.  The plus side is I get points for the laundry and I accummulate my points so we never have to pay for dry cleaning or alterations (which they also pick up and deliver) .  Hubby does his laundry every Wednesday evening.     

Honored Contributor

I do it when the hamper is full ... generally every two weeks.  No specific day. I usually have three loads (black/dark, color, and whites).   

I do a lot of things by hand ... so not much goes in the hamper each day.  

Respected Contributor

It just depends on how full the hamper gets. I usually do laundry once a week depending on what we use. When my son lived with us I did laundry every other day. Since I don't work anymore and we sent the son to another state (in his own apartment) the amount of laundry has decreased.

Honored Contributor

I wash whenever I have a load. In this horribly hot summer, I have a load pretty often. We often have to change clothes several times a day if we have been outside very long. My mother used a clothesline in the backyard. I remember racing outside to bring things inside if we heard thunder or it began to rain. I have a line in the garage I hang a lot of things on. In this heat, they dry in a flash!
Honored Contributor

I do it when it needs to be done , no specific day.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan