Honored Contributor

Re: Do you do laundry daily or wait and.........

I live alone and do laundry twice a week.

Esteemed Contributor

On Friday after I get home from work unless I have plans.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I do my laundry every Sunday. If something's dirty it has to wait until Sunday.

Respected Contributor

I do it whenever I need to, or when I feel like it. Depends on which happens first. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Bathroom rugs every 7 days - yikes - my fluffy ones would fall apart. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think my Mom and Grandmother (lived with us) did laundry once a week too.  Wringer washer, clothes hung out. Next day was ironing.

I remember my Grandmother ironing in the kitchen.  Clothes were sprinkled with water, rolled up and kept in frig so they stayed damp til ironing day.  I can't remember what damp clothes were kept in during their stay in the frig. I think this was before a steam iron. I was just a little kid.

Weird what you remember. Gram ironing and coming home to the kitchen table full of little squares of dough drying for her chicken pot pie.

Honored Contributor

I do it when the washing machine is full...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Kids are grown, so it's just me. Two loads of laundry on Saturdays.

More laundry in the summer, like many people.

I wait until I have full loads and try to do them back to back. More efficient use of the dryer and my time.

Honored Contributor

When I have a load to wash I wash it. I'm not one to run the washing machine with a few things in it.

Right now I have a load of jeans in the wash. Yesterday I did a load of cotton stuff like t-shirts, shorts etc. By Thurs I will have another load of towels to wash. I always wash all the bedding every Sat.

There are only 2 of us so don't have enough laundry to wash daily.

My older sister has 3 grandkids living with her. She has a lot of  laundry every day.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I think my Mom and Grandmother (lived with us) did laundry once a week too.  Wringer washer, clothes hung out. Next day was ironing.

I remember my Grandmother ironing in the kitchen.  Clothes were sprinkled with water, rolled up and kept in frig so they stayed damp til ironing day.  I can't remember what damp clothes were kept in during their stay in the frig. I think this was before a steam iron. I was just a little kid.

Weird what you remember. Gram ironing and coming home to the kitchen table full of little squares of dough drying for her chicken pot pie.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 LOVE your memories.  Thank you for sharing with us, very generous of you.  I remember my beloved maman sprinkling water on items before ironing.