Honored Contributor

Re: Do you decorate your house for every little holiday?

Sort of. I just leave the Christmas decorations up all year.

Respected Contributor

I change accessories for fall/winter, spring/summer and Christmas. I add holiday decor elements to the wreath on the front door for Valentine's Day, St. Pat's, Easter, patriotic holidays, Halloween and Thanksgiving and use a separate wreath for Christmas. Otherwise, I don't do much decorating for holidays other than Christmas, although I have a few bunnies and chicks that I display around Easter.

Frequent Contributor

I'm doing less in general inside. For xmas, I put up about 1/2 of what I have.

But I do change out the outside lights that I always have up in our covered entry way -- they run around the top, outlining the entry (4 strands). For fall they are usually orange, xmas they were red -- and I need to change them to white or a spring green.

Super Contributor

Big decorating for Halloween and Christmas. Then seasonal with a little decor to respect the holiday in that season. Valentine's Day, St. Pat's Day, Easter, July 4th. I don't care that my son is away at college I will still decorate. Did it before he was born and will continue on even that he is grown Smiley Happy. My mom did the same thing until she passed at 73. Don't find it silly at all more like fun and creative. Who wants to look at the same ol, same ol, all the time! Bleah! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

On 1/21/2014 Bajamama said:

I like to decorate for some of the little holidays like Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and 4th of July. The most decorations I have though are Fall decor and Christmas. When my Dad was alive, he made me this 4 foot wreath form out of metal that I wrapped with green garland and the big C7 lights. I have my husband hang it on our barn in his memory every Christmas.

This year I was so sad when Christmas was over and I couldn't keep it lit, so I'm actually thinking of spray painting some extra bulbs pink, and replacing the orange, green, and blue lights with them leaving the lights white, red, and pink for Valentine's Day and putting a big pink bow on it, but I'm not sure if it would look corny or not....I just might do it anyway though LOL. We have a ton of spare bulbs from when we would light up our evergreen trees out front which have since grown too large to decorate. (Hmmm, I could even do all green for St. Patrick's Day, pastels for Easter, red white and blue for 4th of July, etc. Smiley Happy

Do it!!! I think it's a great idea that will look wonderful! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Frequent Contributor

I decorate for St. Paddy's day. Lights, yard ornaments, effigies of political figures, the whole shebang! I especially like putting candles in Guiness pint glasses along the drive for St. Patricks.

I look for any opportunity to decorate. Halloween, Valentine's Day, Passover, 5pm, National Secretaries Day (got to be careful on that one), you name it.

Honored Contributor

If I didn't shop at TJ Maxx/Home Goods/Marshalls, I probably wouldn't have half the holiday/seasonal decor I have.

It's subliminal. They make me buy it!

Smiley Very Happy

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement Julie928! I'm going to spray paint the bulbs this weekend and enjoy my dear Dad's wreath a little longer!

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I don't go "all out", just may-be a wreath and a couple of other small items. There is no one who is going to see anyway, as we live way back in the woods.

I do enjoy seeing others partake however.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/22/2014 Bajamama said:

Thanks for the encouragement Julie928! I'm going to spray paint the bulbs this weekend and enjoy my dear Dad's wreath a little longer!

Good for you! I'm glad to hear it! I'm sure it will be beautiful!!!