Valued Contributor

Re: Do you decorate your house for every little holiday?

Yes but on a very small scale. More a nod than a decoration .

Contributor

I have a 3 ft. White tree with lights on it. I decorate it for every month. Right now it has a snowman icicle,theme, faux snowballs and mini white ornament snowflakes. Next month ....red lights and hearts. I even have mini glass flower ornaments for spring! and glass seashell ornaments for summer. You can find ornaments for any occasion. I have the tree in a corner so it's not in the way. My 31 yo daughter thinks I'm nuts, but this makes me happy. I even make my own ornaments using scrapbook items. It's a fun hobby for me. The rest of the house is minimally decorated, except at Christmas.
Super Contributor

No. I don't even consider 4th of July a major holiday. I only decorate for Christmas. Other than that, I just decorate for the season like fall, spring/summer. I may put out a bunny for Easter, that's about it.

Regular Contributor

I just finished decorating for Valentines Day. I will do up Easter real nice and also make some fresh curtains for summer and put up summer décor. That's it until Fall/Halloween. I saved all my kids art work from their school years so its easy to decorate.

Honored Contributor

I have not, since my girls were small, did all the Holidays. I decorate for Christmas, July 4th (I'm hopelessly patriotic, and have an annual swim party that day), and Fall. I have cut back on the decorations for each of those Holidays though, as I needed to cut back on all the "stuff" that I had collected over the years to the point of being overwhelming, lol. It was fun, but time to cut back.

"To each their own, in all things".
Regular Contributor

We live on a large lake and celebrate July 4th with fireworks over the lake. There are many cars that stop over the bridge and watch. The entire day starts with swimming, cooking out all day and night with many family members and friends. No matter how large a crowed we have, blessings are said for living in the land of the free and honor those that have made our freedom possible.
Respected Contributor

No; storing & moving items every season became a problem. However, I do temporarily "lighten up" spaces for warm weather months by putting away the afghans & some of the visually heavy decor, such as vases, etc. This just seems to make the spaces seem cooler & more restful. Then, when it starts getting cool again, I bring those things back out to make the space seem warmer.

Honored Contributor

I don't decorate for big holidays, let alone little ones. ugh.

The only so-called decorations are the yellow ribbon on my front light post and the blue star banner on my front door for my son who left last week for Afghanistan. They are much more than decorations, though. They are in honor of my son.

Honored Contributor

Other than Christmas, I decorate for the season.

Contributor

I like to decorate for some of the little holidays like Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and 4th of July. The most decorations I have though are Fall decor and Christmas. When my Dad was alive, he made me this 4 foot wreath form out of metal that I wrapped with green garland and the big C7 lights. I have my husband hang it on our barn in his memory every Christmas.

This year I was so sad when Christmas was over and I couldn't keep it lit, so I'm actually thinking of spray painting some extra bulbs pink, and replacing the orange, green, and blue lights with them leaving the lights white, red, and pink for Valentine's Day and putting a big pink bow on it, but I'm not sure if it would look corny or not....I just might do it anyway though LOL. We have a ton of spare bulbs from when we would light up our evergreen trees out front which have since grown too large to decorate. (Hmmm, I could even do all green for St. Patrick's Day, pastels for Easter, red white and blue for 4th of July, etc. Smiley Happy