Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you cut off the tags?

No but every time I fold towels I think I want to. I have some patterned towels I actually like the reverse side better.

Valued Contributor

I leave the tag on the mattress so that I can remember when I purchased it and the style I purchased. 

I remove tags from pillows but am now struggling to find out which style I bought so that I can replace them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I cut the tags off of everything

but really bad at leaving the plastic on, over flameless candles and screens (computers, frames). My family really gets me on that.  I guess it's like the plastic covers on furniture (I don't do THAT)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I cut the tags off everything—and then my obsessive compulsive (edited from a**l retentive, since that got censored!) little self documents the details of most of the items they were attached to so I have a record of the place of purchase, product name, color title, materials, care information, dimensions, country of origin, and other relevant facts in one handy file on my computer.

And just FYI, you can totally cut the tags off anything you own; if you read the warning on mattresses and pillows carefully, you'll see that it says the tags cannot be removed "except by the consumer" (or variations of language to that effect).  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No because if I like the towel I want to remember what it is & where I purchased.

Respected Contributor

" I even drive a car that has no brand identification on it. "

@Desertdi   How did you manage that?  My car goes as far as to shine its name onto the ground when I open the door.  They call it a "welcome mat."    Woman Embarassed

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I do not cut the tags off towels.  I think I left the tags on my most recent mattress.  Pillows--I remove the tags when I'm sure they are "keepers."   I don't want the tags "crunching" when I'm trying to sleep.

Honored Contributor

I’m a tag cutter, but do leave the ones on the mattresses, because my furniture salesman daddy always told me to.  

Several years back, my daughter had an issue with her mattress that was still under warranty.   The first thing I had to do was take multiple pictures of the mattress on the bed, one picture had to show that the tags were still attached.   Once the company verified there was a legitimate issue, the store manager came out to take his pictures.  Once he found the original sale paperwork, I was instructed to remove the tag and deliver it to him, all of which was sent to the mattress company.   My efforts were successful; my daughter got a new mattress at a discounted price, but I didn’t think the process needed to be as rigid as it was.   

Essentially there are no warranties on a stained, dirty mattress, and with our last purchase the store manager gave us a new mattress cover.

Honored Contributor

no, i rarely cut tags off......dont feel the need to do that.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I only cut off tags on some things, not many.