Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you create things for your home?

No, I am very rigid about the “stuff” displayed in my home.  

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL Honestly I also include in this thought, how you take care of your home as a "creation" too. You don't have to be crafty to do all that, but to me, it is a craft.  

Respected Contributor

86736467-E0A3-4306-BF83-8FC4D7234564.jpeg

Made this painting and frame .....painted many faux walls and wall murals, sculpture with clay, paper mache, sold art pieces over the years.....I sew slip covers, design needle work pieces, floral arrangements.....always creating things. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have no sewing abiity nor am I crafty. Not sure this counts but when our DS and his then wife got married, and bought a house,  my DD and I stenciled her 5 yr. daughter's room. It was white picket fence around the room with grass, flowers, a birdhouse and clouds.It turned out great.  It took us a month of evenings after work and weekends.

Honored Contributor

I have refinished some furniture, but I am not at all artistic.

Respected Contributor

Yes.....I sew and also do decorative painting in our home.

Honored Contributor

I love to paint, not like Picasso but I love to paint my walls

I painted my ugly wood 1970s kitchen cabinets

I also refinish small pieces of furniture.

My latest little project is one folding TV tray table, Ethan Allen, in excellent condition, found it at the thrift store.    It's all solid wood.   It just needs some sanding & painting. 

For small pieces like that, I'll try to find some oops paint at Home Depot or Lowe's

I like to decoupage.   I look for paper to decoupage in the scrapebook department of the craft store.  Or I just use pretty gift wrap paper.

I also knit.   I knit hats, sweaters, blankets & scarves & shawls

This is a shawl I knitted

decibel.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I’m very good at decorating.I’ve helped a lot of people decorate their homes.But I don’t create myself. I designed the bar in my living room. I went to a furniture making store. Told the guy exactly what I wanted.He sketched as I explained.I gave him the exact measurements etc. After I approved the sketch he built it & delivered my beautiful new bar to my home.Perfection!!

Honored Contributor

I have sewn valances, clothing, quilts....painted old furniture and striped and stained furniture.....painted rooms and hung wallpaper.  I have also done crosstitch and candelwicking......I have lost interest in sewing but still really enjoy the furniture thing....it's a short lived season in my area...I work in the garage and it has to be decent weather.

Outside I do most of the work, I have created pathways and stacked stone around trees, cannot wait to get outside.

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have sewn valances, clothing, quilts....painted old furniture and striped and stained furniture.....painted rooms and hung wallpaper.  I have also done crosstitch and candelwicking......I have lost interest in sewing but still really enjoy the furniture thing....it's a short lived season in my area...I work in the garage and it has to be decent weather.

Outside I do most of the work, I have created pathways and stacked stone around trees, cannot wait to get outside.

I do that too!  I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person lugging stones around.  I love the look, edging flower beds with them or putting them around things like trees. 

It's brutal on the nails, though, even when you wear gloves, but it has to be good excercise.