Honored Contributor

Re: Do you consider yourself a Rug Person??

I like area rugs and have them in the kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom,  den and family room.  I used  to have wall to wall carpet but now have it in only one room, the guest bedroom.  I love wood floors, so easy to maintain and clean. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I love rugs.  All the rooms in my house are wall-to-wall carpet, except the kitchen which is hardwood, bathrooms and laundry room which are tile, but those rooms have decorative area rugs.  I even have floral area rugs in some rooms that are carpeted.  Love the softness and color of rugs.  Just bought a new pink and creme wool floral runner for a bedroom that has rose wall-to-wall carpet.

Honored Contributor

I live in a beach area on the water so rugs are hard to have here with the sand. I have hardwood and tile in most of the house.

I do have wall to wall carpet in the bedrooms and I have indoor/outdoor accent rugs in front of my doors and in the kitchen in front of the sink. I have 1 throw rug in each bathroom in front of the tubs so everyone doesn't slip on the tile floor. 

Honored Contributor

To me there are area rugs, and then there are throw rugs.

I'm not an area rug person all that much (the big ones that are used under a dining table, or in the center of rooms or furniture groupings) as I have carpet in many of my rooms, and I'm no longer a fan of layering rugs on carpet.

I do like smaller throw size rugs (the kind that are inside a front door, or in front of a sink or stove or fridge). I have eliminated many of those as well, because they can tend to clutter up a house, especially if they are printed.

So no area rugs here, and for smaller throw type rugs (even though some are hooked or Royal Palace) I have one in each bathroom, one at the inside of the front door, sliding glass door, and door to the garage, and one padded one at the kitchen sink.

I used to have at least twice that many, but I got tired of the clutter of them. Rooms look much nicer without.

Respected Contributor

No. I used to be, I had and loved area rugs in every room..

Now, not so much. I like the clean look of my floors.

I do have one at each home entrance. In the kitchen - one in front of both - the stove and the sink, and one in each bath to step out on after the shower. That is it for me.

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

I had all wood floors in my previous home, so I had a lot of rugs around.  I had one in my living room, a runner in the hallway, one in my daughter's room, one in my bedroom, and then the basic door rugs.

I am in a new house now, still with all wood floors, but I only have a few rugs!  I have one in each girls' room, a door mat by the front door, and one small one in each bathroom.  For some reason I didn't feel the need to put any in the living room, dining room, our bedroom, etc.  With this house, I felt "less is more" and wanted to enjoy the brand new walnut floors.

Honored Contributor

When my parents were elderly they couldn't have throw rugs. They feared falling. Walkers get tangled up in them and if you are prone to shuffle when you walk, having rugs could be disastrous.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

2 of my sisters hate rugs and do not have any in their whole house! Not even in their bathrooms......Are you a rug lover or not so much?

HOW is that possible?  NO rugs in the bathroom?  That's got to be messy!  Where does the water go?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."