Honored Contributor

Do not purchase anything from J.C.Penneys.com

I purchased a shirt for my husband on line (husband told me wrong size to purchase). I reordered the correct size the next day.

The wrong size shirt arrived today. I called Penneys several times today on how to send the wrong size shirt back to the fulfillment center.

When I ordered the correct size shirt I asked if the return shirt would cost me money to send back. I was advised NO it would not cost me anything.

I was advised tonight from J.C. Penney’s fulfillment center I would have to purchase a shirt box from USPS or UPS plus the cost of shipment. 

The cost of the shirt box, plus insurance, plus cost of mailing would equal to what I paid for the shirt (which was on sale).

What an expensive lesson to learn. Never again will I purchase from J.C. Penney’s on line

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do not purchase anything from J.C.Penneys.com

Can’t you return it to a J.C Penney store near you to save the return costs?

Respected Contributor

Good grief, what a hassle.    

You can't return to an actual Penney's store?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

i had ordered a 90 dollar comforter on black friday and got on sale for 20 bucks.i picked it up at the warwick store. comforter wasnt really heavy but its really nice and warm. sorry to here about your issue.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQwrote:

That's what I do. Have never had a problem.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I read they are on hard times - always bought drapes, towels over the years.  I went to their website to 'look' at pillowcases, didn't put one thing in my cart.  Immediately I started getting emails up to 3 a days telling me this or that was on sale.  Couldn't touch my email but what jcpenny was there.  I finally sent them to the trash file.  Never happened before - they must be on the ropes.

Honored Contributor

I buy certain things from JCP in store and not on line since the store is 4 miles from me.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQwrote:

Most of us no longer live near to an actual store.  The two nearest to me, closed many years ago.  

I still occasionally order their towels, online. Can't go wrong with those. 

Honored Contributor

What I do is order online but go to a store for exchanges.

Honored Contributor

I returned a few things back to Pennys through USPS after Christmas..used the original box and return label provided. I had no problem. They credited me quickly. Sorry you had a bad experience.