Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Use Teaspoons Very Often?

Nearly everything the OP mentions using the larger tablespoon for I use teaspoons for, so yes I use teaspoons regularly. Most days, for just my hubby and myself, there will be several in the dishwasher.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Yes....all the time.  If it involves needing a spoon for eating, then I use a teaspoon.  I only use the larger tablespoons for serving.  I'll be using a teaspoon tonight when I'm eating my bowl of chili.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Rarely use TB. Too big.
Always use tsp.
Don’t even own ice tea spoons. Don’t see a need.
Honored Contributor

i use teaspoons to stir sugar and cream in my coffee, soup, cereal, yogurt, desserts, liquid medicine, tastings,  and more. i tend to use them more than my larger spoons.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I use the teaspoons much more than the tablespoons.

The only time I will use a tablespoon to eat is for soup.

I prefer teaspoons for cereal and ice cream.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I probably use teaspoons, tablespoons and iced tea spoons equally.  Can't live withut any of them!

@Krimpette 

Ditto!   

Honored Contributor

My husband is the only one who uses them to spoon sugar in his coffee or tea.   

Respected Contributor

I use teaspoons for hot beverages.  I use a gravy boat to keep them right next to the cups and mugs.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I use teaspoons frequently.  I usually run out of clean teaspoons while there is still a stack of tablespoons and forks in the drawer. Now that I think of it, I don't use many forks.

Honored Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

I use teaspoons frequently.  I usually run out of clean teaspoons while there is still a stack of tablespoons and forks in the drawer. Now that I think of it, I don't use many forks.

@DearPrudence   We use so many salad sized forks that I keep some of them in a pitcher on the counter.  

We use them for fruit, salads, cake or pie, and pieces of cheese.  We seem to have a lot of plates of fruit.  Oh, and if we have pancakes for breakfast we use them.

We have some Reed and Barton ones with the (I think this is the term) harp shape that we love.