Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Or DH Fold The Clean Sheets????

Toss up on the flat sheet and pillow cases... DH folds the fitted sheet.  I know how,  but he is the expert and happy to do it.

Esteemed Contributor

There was a show on TLC back about 10 years ago or so called Clean Sweep.  One of the hosts was a professional organizer and he showed how to fold a fitted sheet.  I've done it that way ever since although mine aren't quite as neatly folded as he showed.  As somebody else mentioned, youtube would have demos on how to do this .

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

it's so easy to fold sheets. i never realized that some people have a tough time with it. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I can relate.  If husband folds the fitted sheet, it becomes a crumpled ball.  I fold the clothes.  i also sort the clothes so a white does not end up the in dark wash.  You are right, a physics degree just doesn't make the grade when it comes to wash day!🥴

Respected Contributor

DH works from home and I work full time out of the house.  So DH washes, folds and puts away all the towels and sheets.  He learned how to fold fitted sheets from You Tube and he is awesome at it.  I have no idea how to fold a fitted sheet. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Taught my husband how to fold fitted sheets early in our marriage. Whomever was home, did the laundry (we were students at the time). Later I usually did the laundry myself, but he never forgot how to fold those fitted sheets!

ETA: Now I fold them and put them away . . . by myself, for myself. Love fresh, well-folded sheets! How I'd love to have a clothes line, too. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@ECBG   I can relate.  If husband folds the fitted sheet, it becomes a crumpled ball.  I fold the clothes.  i also sort the clothes so a white does not end up the in dark wash.  You are right, a physics degree just doesn't make the grade when it comes to wash day!🥴

@phoenixbrd 

When the boys were growing up,  I had a light and a dark laundry hamper im the hall, so the work was done from me and they sort their own wash when they grew up.

Honored Contributor

@Eliana wrote:

Nobody folds mine.  Wash, dry, back on the bed.

@Eliana 

Same here. 

Honored Contributor

I sent our laundry out to be done and everything comes back beautifully folded.  It's one of the splurged I feel I'm entitled too.  

Honored Contributor

I'm on "Team One Set of Sheets"... it's so much easier than folding them.  When they get too worn, I buy a new set.

~ house cat ~