Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Name Your Furniture?

No........and my car doesn't have a "name", either...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Can't really say that I do regularly.  But there was this one time I named my subwoofer Rosie because "she" was made out of a gorgeous rosewood.  I have never named my cars but I have given them gender identity.  At one point I owned two vehicles, both SUVs, my Jeep was my boy and my 4Runner was my girl, ha ha.

Honored Contributor

No the only things that have names in my household are living, breathing beings that have a face (I don't name my plants).

I guess we're just boring.

Respected Contributor

No.

Esteemed Contributor

Well I have a Windsor chair, a Mission bench, and a Tiffany lamp, among other things.  But that's the name of their designer, the manufacturer, or the furniture style, @PA Mom-mom .

Just as your Kulpsville & Spellman desks are from furniture companies with those respective names, and your Huber bookcase was no doubt designed and made by Oscar Huber and associates.

Respected Contributor

Not real original, but my couch and fireplace are ‘Sofi and Bernie ‘ 🤪

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Well, no, I can't say that I ever have😅 

We did have a chair once that we called "the green chair" because it was, well ...green!

It's ok, weird is lovely!

@on the bay @For a minute I thought I had posted the above...we had "the green chair" too 🤣😂🤣.

My Grandma called Mom every afternoon....she would always say "Hi, is your mother busy?"  Whichever kid answered the phone would say, "Oh no, she's just sitting in the green chair." (She NEVER sat around....always busy.  We were stinkers!).

Honored Contributor

name my furniture?

no, i dont name my furniture and have never heard of anyone naming their furniture until now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

No, never thought to name it.  I refer to a chair as chair.  If there was more than one, I'd add the color.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not name my furniture but I have nicknames for some of my kitchen appliances. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖