Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Name Your Furniture?

[ Edited ]

No....none of the furniture.  But when we bought the RV I ordered license plates with a Sanskirt word that has significant meaning for us.  We use that name when we refer to the RV.

Respected Contributor

Uh--no.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, but with unoriginal names!

The LaZBoy

The kitchen chairs

The brown couch

Honored Contributor

Yeah, one piece, @PA Mom-mom.   My Dad left us his Grand-Dad's antique Morris chair.  When my son was little, we referred to it as "the Grand-papa" chair, and the name stuck.  I used to give him his bottle in that chair, since it's big and comfortable.  Nice memories!

Honored Contributor

@alicedee -

Wouldn't it be funny if we had the same green chair. It was big and clunky and very green but we were fond of it. Except now that I think of it I don't really remember sitting in it.

It wasn't that comfortable, just kind of grew on you like a favorite slipper or bathrobe lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Well I have a Windsor chair, a Mission bench, and a Tiffany lamp, among other things.  But that's the name of their designer, the manufacturer, or the furniture style, @PA Mom-mom .

Just as your Kulpsville & Spellman desks are from furniture companies with those respective names, and your Huber bookcase was no doubt designed and made by Oscar Huber and associates.

@x Hedge The Spellman desk and Huber bookcase are named after former owners (friends and relatives) who have passed away. The Kulpsville desk came from an old mill in a town named Kulpsville.

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

Never heard of naming your furniture.  We did name my Golden’s pet bed....the CUSHY BED.... but that is about it.

Honored Contributor

😳 Never. 

Honored Contributor

Generally no, but I did have very unkind names my family recognized, for the antique china cabinet, dresser, and rocking chair that had belonged to my maternal grandmothers family.    Those 3 items were burned to ash in the spring of last year.    Gone, and happily forgotten.