Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Like Wind Chimes?

[ Edited ]

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

I'd gladly trade my noisy inconsiderate neighbors for a bunch of wind chimes. My neighbors behind me have installed a pool, and a large screen smart tv on the back of their house with large speakers attached. as well as a stereo They play music so loud that even with my windows closed I can hear it. They scream and talk at the top of their voices too,. It appears they think they are the only people in the area and treat the area as a "frat house". They don't seem to live inside of the house which is small, since they do everything outside to the wee hours of the morning. I imagine people they used to live near prior to buying the house behind me, had a huge party celebrating their leaving. Most inconsiderate bunch of folks I have ever run across.

I do rather like the sound of wind chimes, to answer your question.  If you don't like them, I can see how a bunch of them would  be annoying.

I guess I just needed to "vent" about my horrible neighbors. .

@CatLoverDogsToo, boy do I ever hear your pain.  We moved into a newly built home at the end of 2014.  Nice and quiet neighborhood UNTIL our neighbors decided to install an inground pool.  It was on the same side as our bedroom wall and they would party late at night with all of the neighborhood kids yelling/screaming all the while they were drinking.  The  pool was heated and they would turn the heater on at night which sounded like a 747 taking off.  It was within a few feet of the line of their property.  Neither of us could sleep and we asked them politely if they could turn the heater on during the day which we thought was a reasonable request.  It was an adamant NO.  Even after contacting our township we were told there was no noise ordinance.  We ended  up selling the property and moving into a nice villa where pools aren't allowed.  It's much more quiet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia I love wind chimes and have 3+ around my home. I will qualify that by saying we do not live in a neighborhood where our homes are on top of each other. I can just barely hear someone's from across the street and love the sound. I don't think anyone but me can hear mine.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I like the long heavy metal ones - nice deep sound and do not blow around in every little breeze.

Have to laugh here, I had this real pretty capiz shell one - and OMG, that thing drove me nuts!! I really could not stand it one day and just threw them in the trash! All that constant tinkling was just really really annoying. (Yep, not a very patient person here, obviously!). 

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

I LOVE windchimes.  I have them all over my yard.  I even have two Maine Buoy Bells. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of them. 

Everytime I hear windchimes, it reminds me of the tv show The Middle.  Brooke Shields' character Rita Glossner has a yard full of them and they "chime" all night and driver everyone nuts.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I only like the ones with the deep tone to them. I have one and even with the beautiful sound it makes, I keep a shorter bungee cord handy and tie it up on the windiest days.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I adore them!

Honored Contributor

http://www.designshell.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/feng-shui-wind-chimes.jpg

Yes to wind chimes and wind spinners.  I love the soothing tones.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Some are lovely; their tones are very soothing and they are not loud or intrusive.

Others, however, are horrible and deserve to be used as BB Gun targets; that's all they're good for.

Respected Contributor

NO. Drive me insane. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )