Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Filter Your Water?

We have always had a filter on our water even though we are in the mountains, to protect the water heater and remove any containments.

Honored Contributor

I wish we had a system that would cover both the kitchen and bathrooms.  We have terribly hard water and it also affects your skin and hair.  I have a Zero Water pitcher that i use to fill the cat bowls, not for any health benefit, but just to keep the bowls from getting the depostins on them which are impossible to remove.  Lime-away won't touch it.  There is a filter in the fridge, but I tested it with the TDS meter you get with the Zero Water pitcher and the difference between it and our tap water was miniscule.  Even the Zero Water water never makes it to 0.

Honored Contributor

The water here tastes fine, so I just use a Brita pitcher / filters.  The filters have gotten expensive so I change them less often.

Respected Contributor

No, I drink bottled water. Our water is very chlorinated and tastes bad, especially when heated for coffee or tea.

Honored Contributor

When we lived in NV we had a RO system.  Here in Chicago don't feel the need for any water filter.  And when we lived in NYC, the water from the tap was the best!

Respected Contributor

Full house water softener and filtration systems here. Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

I never worried about our tap water until recently.  Here in the county, our water is treated by and comes from the city.  It's a long story, but there have been all kinds of problems with the water treatment plant.  I don't trust it.  And I want to drink -- and I need to drink --  more plain water.  So, I have been drinking bottled water like Evian, Fuji, SanPellegrino.  I have my groceries delivered, and now I have added the bottled water to the list.  I need to get a water testing kit from Home Depot or somewhere so I can see for myself if our water problem has been fixed.    

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

No!  Our tap water is what you buy bottled!

@Zhills 

when i buy water that's the brand I buy! Lucky you getting it thru the tap🙂

Respected Contributor

We have a whole home filtration system.  

Honored Contributor

No.