Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Display Family Photos?

Yes, we have a photo wall in our home, my husband did it very nicely and we get a lot of compliments on it. Will we have it forever? Who knows? But for right now it suits us and we enjoy it, and I think as long as they are done tastefully they can be so nice and a great conversation piece. I have seen a lot of photo walls going up the stairway as well, and those look nice too!

Esteemed Contributor

I do some but not a lot.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Yes, one each of my immediate family.  Have more of my dogs past and present than family members.

@Foxxee 

I have photos of my dogs displayed too! 

Honored Contributor

I have them interspersed with books on a bookcase in the living room.  I don't care for family photographs on the walls.

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Yes, one each of my immediate family.  Have more of my dogs past and present than family members.

@Foxxee 

I have photos of my dogs displayed too! 

We have photos of my and my husband's childhood dogs but we don't have a photo of current family pet - our beloved cat Keiko.  We really should b/c we are constantly taking pictures of her and sharing them on family texts.

Honored Contributor

No.  I have never displayed many, if any, people photos.  My family is gone so it makes me sad to see them.  I think of them a lot, but don't want to see them when my mind is elsewhere.

I have a couple of my husband out and he has 2 of me but as a rule no, I don't and never have.  One thing, I don't like clutter and dust.  Woman Wink  I am lazy. 

Respected Contributor

No I don't.    In my family home my parents only had a few pictures of their kids in their bedroom, no where else.    I've followed the same pattern.   

Everyone decorates the way they enjoy, as for me, I don't like to see too many family pictures all around the house.

I also don't like to see family photos hanging on the wall.  I remember once going into someone's home and they had the "kids" senior high school pictures hanging in the livingroom.  The only problem was the "kids" were now over the age of 50.  It just looked so dated to me.  

Respected Contributor

We have the last "formal" portraits taken of DH's parents and my parents on the wall in our hallway, but I don't know if they'll be there once we paint...I'm deciding what will stay & what will go when we finally get around to it.

On the bookshelves in the living room I have one of those wrapped canvas things...about 10 x 12, I guess...of DH & me. It has three different pictures printed on canvas. 

We never had children, so family photos have never been a big thing for us anyway.

Honored Contributor

I do have a few, @wilma --  my quirk is that they are virtually all vintage, and virtually all black and white.

In my twenties, long before I was married, I loved the idea of just a few very old family photos in handsome frames.  So back then I had a few Edwardian ones of family members reproduced and framed.  They're so atmospheric!  Then I have a few of my adorable parents, in the Thirties-- they are so Art Deco-looking.  Aesthetically, I just love black and white photoraphy...

An acquaintance of ours who is a professional photographer even agreed to do a precious one of my son, age about 5 or 6, in black and white...

I have treasured family photos in color in an album or two, but the ones we look at every day, on a table here, or a shelf there, are in glorious black and white.

Valued Contributor

I do.  I love the memories that are attached to photographs. 

As a photographer in this digital age I still recommend people print pictures.  There is no telling what kind of technology will be here in 20, 50, or even 100 years.  Have the pictures printed.