Honored Contributor

Do You Display Family Photos?

Do you display family photos in your home?

With the all the digital technology out there I wonder if displaying photos in frames will become a thing of the past.

We have a few family photos in frames in our living room, reading room, & master bedroom. We don’t have any hanging on our walls. 

My DH has scanned lots of old photos and put them on the computer. He makes photo CDs and sends them to family members so they have copies. They really love getting those memories. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Display Family Photos?

I just have my family photos in the bedroom.  I dislike highly personal photos in public areas of homes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing of family on the walls here in Florida -  I do display the family pictures I get at holiday time for a while.  I see family so rarely, I like to visit with the pictures for a while before I file them away.

On a wall in my LI apartment, I have the picture of my mother's mother whom I never knew -  she died in an auto accident 8 years before I was born.  I remember that picture from the wall next to my mother's vanity table mirror.  She's holding her first born and I never saw another picture of her anywhere any time that I remember.  Not sure why not and I doubt there's anyone alive still who would know.

Honored Contributor

I have a family photo on my piano, it is not large. 5"x7".

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a gallery wall with white shelves and white frames extending in a long hallway leading to livingroom. People and family enjoy looking at photos and memories. I try to switch photos so some are current.  Hubs has fishing photos in his den. We don't use family photos for wall art other than hallway and den.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Love to display Family photos!  Have many - from the past to present.  Rotate them so when frequent guests visit there is something ‘new’ on display.  Display in certain areas throughout my home - but do not hang on walls.  

Trusted Contributor

As soon as you enter my home in Athens, my sweet, unforgettable mamma is on the left side of the wall, looking at the entance.

My mom is in a picture frame, a candle (like Luminara you have here) next to her and with her two favourite icons, Archangel Michael, gold crown on His head and a gold sword on the other.

Rest In Peace mammy!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

I have lots of family photos both on the piano and on the wall above it....mostly pictures of my kids.....my house and it makes me happy to look at them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, one each of my immediate family.  Have more of my dogs past and present than family members.

Honored Contributor

Not really, the only family photos I have are of our three grandkids, and those are there baby photos, the oldest is 30, then 18, and 10.

I had a friend that framed and hung very large senior pictures of their kids on he walls...that was not my style.

I do LOVE looking at photos, I have many albums with pictures from when I was younger thru my sisters having babies and our holidays together...sadly only memories any more.  We do not get together, (parents are gone) and to many personalities that do not mix well and we are living in different areas of the country.