Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Decorate Your Bedroom For Christmas?

NO.   However, when the girls were young, they left no room undecorated at Christmas.  

I don't like having every surface of my furniture covered with something pretty.   

Contributor

I have a quilt and shams on my bed that have Christmas sayings on it.

Honored Contributor

I love that room.  Some years I decorate our bedroom, some years I don't.   Same with the bathroom.  I didn't take out the box with my bedroom and bathroom Christmas stuff I won't be doing it this year.  We aren't doing any entertaining this year so there really  is not point.

Respected Contributor

I decorate all rooms, even the bathrooms.  I have a 5 ft tree in my bedroom decorated with all Joan Rivers eggs. And I have a smaller cresh and nativity too.  I don't decorate for other people to see, I decoratre for my own enjoyment.  I love the feeling of Christmas and like to see it everywhere.  I also decorate the little stand and shelves in my half bath and hang christmas towels in the bathroom and kitchen.  If you are in my house and you stand still for too long I will decorate you.  Bless you all this wonderful season of Hanukkah and Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't decorate my bedroom for Christmas (or any holiday), but I must say that is a beautiful room and I really love the bedding!

Valued Contributor

That is a beautiful room. I love the white bed.

I always put my Christmas quilt and pillows on my bed. My bed is a tall pine four post bed that is pretty but getting a little hard for me to climb into, even with the steps beside it.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't before I retired...I just didn't have the time....

I put a flocked pencil tree in there with buffalo ribbon and berry picks. I throw a buffalo plaid blanket on the bed and add a matching pillow....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's a beautifully decorated room!

I used to go all out....Christmas bed spread and decor, but now i just put up a 3 ft small tree in the bedroom with just a FEW ornaments.... Ive downscaled but still decorate my living room, dinning room, and kitchen, and front door...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

This is very pretty.  However, the floor is nice, but looks so cold.  I wouldn't want to get out of bed and step on that floor....brrrr.  Give me carpet in the bedroom.

I always wanted to decorate my bedroom for Christmas, but could never justify the expense for so short of a time and then there's the storage, too........sigh.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I love this, @jubilant --  so many warm, inviting elements, yet it doesn't feel claustrophobic or fussy-- you can breathe.   Feels like a room in a charming Alpine ski lodge.

My quibbles would be minor-- I don't like writing on pillows, or any kind of signage in a room-- to me that detracts.  A quick fix.

To answer your question, I've brought just a hint of two of Christmas into the bedroom.  On my cream blanket, I have a cream and red toile-like comforter folded at the bottom.  On my high dresser, I have put real twigs from yard and some faux pine branches in my chunky reactive glaze vase--

d51ce8fc2e7f05dec8d1643c185f9c0e.jpg  It's minimal, but just enough for me.

@Oznell 

OH!!!  That's pretty!  Love it!Smiley Happy

Do you recall where you found it?  Thanks.