Esteemed Contributor

Re: Displaying Pots and Pans

In answer to your question, @lolakimono, I don't (display my pots and pans).

In a smaller kitchen I once owned, I left a cast iron pan out on the burner.  I have pull out drawers now and I enjoy the extra out-of-sight storage space.

I think it's a nice look (having the pans in plain view) but it wouldn't work in my current kitchen configuration.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I'm not personally a fan of the pots/pans display type of storage.  Although, there is something about this pic that is cool - 

Otherwise, I find the look too cluttery for me.  I like more of a sterile look than, probably, most people though.    Plus, I live in a dust bowl so you leave stuff out for 5 minutes and there is dust on it.  Smiley Happy

Even though I probably wouldn't do it, those tall shelves with the Le Creuset are pretty cool.  I like the graduated nature of the display.  I have about everything from a 1qt round to a 13.25qt round.    Man!  Imagine if that fell over.   argh  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

The very first pic is the only one that I find appealing at all. I still would not want to have it in my kitchen. As others have said, dust would be a problem even if my kitchen was configured to accommodate having it. I like a more streamlined look without things out in the open though.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

There's something aesthetically pleasing about this display (maybe because it appears so uncluttered), but I think a person would have to be very, very tall to reach!

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of daddy displays in the kitchen.   

I do like the Le Creused pot rack though 

Honored Contributor

I love my linear pot rack.  It's eight feet long and I store my stainless steel cookware on it.  I prefer to use a potrack not because I don't have the cabinet space for the pots and pans, but rather for the convenience of being able to reach for them easily when I'm working in the kitchen.

Le Creuset pieces are stored in cabinets.  

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2

@chickenbutt

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Here is another example- this must weigh a TON!

Tower of Le Creuset! These will be stacked in heaven!

I have come SO close to buying one of these!  Now I'm thinking about it again!  THANKS!!!!!  LOL!!!

@Sooner

Me too Sooner. LOL. That stack of pots is some serious eye candy for me and I've got the pots.

Me too!  And I know others (wink wink) who would have to get 6 or 8 of these!  Not mentioning any names, or poultry parts in the spirit of anonymity for the "guilty"!  LOL!!!  Do they have a little face for "woman envious?"  Don't think so. . . 

Respected Contributor

We have a large pot rack right next to the stove. We hang the most used pots and pans there for convenience. Less used ones go in the cabinets. Ours is a working kitchen. Pot racks are not a design element or something nice to look at in our kitchen. No need to keep pots and pans in "just out of the box" appearence.  We use them everyday. Keep them handy and ready to go. No need to go searching for a pan I need. It is right where I need them to be. Next to the stove.

Honored Contributor

I use my pots and pans every day. Thus they are not in the pristine condition that would be needed to put them on display. I have 2 cabinets in my kitchen where DH built in drawers for my pots & pans.

Honored Contributor

LMAO, Sooner.   You always crack me up.  Heart