Respected Contributor

Re: Dishwasher powder or pod recommendation?

On 1/4/2015 heynan said:

I use Finish because I am afraid all that plastic will gum up my dishwasher. Finish is a pod but you take off the wrapper.

I use that one, but also Finish with the wrapper you put in. The plastic is "polyvinyl alcohol" and it dissolves completely in water. It's an amusing plastic--looks like plastic wrap until water hits it and then it's gone.

It works really well. I've even stopped using JetDry because these pods are so excellent. I prefer Finish to Cascade.

Honored Contributor

I won't use pods. The plastic never totally dissolves and eventually there are issues. Powders can be harsh on a number of things. I use liquid Cascade Complete and love it.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Sunshine said: We use Oxyclean powder. It does a good job. The dishes come out spotless.

I have tried every single dishwasher detergent on the market! I discovered Oxyclean crystals and LOVE It! Leaves everything I wash spotless! I periodically use Oxyclean booster for my dishwasher also and the inside of my stainless dishwasher looks like the day it was installed! For those that suffer with an odor in their dishwashers, use Oxyclean brand & you won't have an odor anymore. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

My aunt mentioned to me if you rinsed off your dishes to clean it will make the soap not work as well. The dirt on the dishes activates the soap.
Respected Contributor

I found this tip yesterday. It said that if you are tired of paying the price for Jet Dry you could use vinegar and it works just as well. I haven't tried it yet.