Respected Contributor

Re: Discoloration between dual pane windows

I've had this happen.  It's my understanding this cannot be a quick repair and the window must be replaced.  Windows typically do have a warranty, but you still have to pay for the labor.

These double pane windows seem to have their drawbacks, although they are good for insulation I guess.  I grew up with regular windows and then we had screens and storm windows.

As another poster mentioned, look at the label on the window which will give all the info for replacement size, etc...

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@BarbiHollywood  Do you know if they can replace the glass in a patio door without having to replace the entire door?  

Our patio door has gotten moisture in between the panes and the cost to replace the entire door is outrageous.   It's a very large door and other than the discoloration in one half, the door works perfectly.   

@J Town Girl   Hi!  I'm not sure.  I don't work for any window company or anything like that, just based my reply on my experience.  My guess would be to contact the company/place you bought the patio door from and ask.  In my case, I was directed right to the manufacturer and they were easy to work with.  As a matter of fact, I just recently noticed two more windows that are now hazy that were not hazy a few months ago when I had some of the others replaced.  Anyway, see what they say, but I'd imagine they'd do the same thing for your patio door(s) that they would for a window, just the glass is larger.  Totally guessing.  

Honored Contributor

Our house was built with single pane wooden sash windows, and storm sashes. 16 years ago we replaced them with double pane nsulated windows. The company we dealt with has gone out of business, so our "lifetime" warranty is non-existent.

The top sash in the kitchen window broke it's seal and is all fuzzy. Rather than deal with the hassle of replacing the glass, we traded that sash with the top sash in a bedroom window.