Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I love the room ! Not the chandelier though, doesn't go with the rest of the glam decor .  We also have a glass table in ours ,it is round.    It is not like this one ,  it has a large base that has  champagne/smoke mirrored inserts, on champagne painted wood with gold and silver detail on buffet as well.   chairs are ivory linen .   Large smoke grey chandelier ,  just added a large gilded gold ornate mirror last week to put over buffet.  So I do like the  mirror in the photo in this DR.  I love glamour it makes me happy !,  every time I walk by the dining room I smile .

It doesn't matter to me what's in or not in ,  it's what appeals to me that matters.  to each there own I say.   I also like mid century modern and have that style in another room.  

@Kitty Galore  I was with you all the way up to mid-centry modern... Can't abide it, but yes, I agree, each to their own... Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

All right, so enough folks mentioned it that I had to go back and look to see why the chandelier wasn't getting any love and while I can surely understand that a beautiful and more formal crystal fixture would be gorgeous in this space, I have to say, I like the one they chose. I suspect the black metal fixture, black metal arched door frame and black metal curtain rods were intended to complement each other and that a crystal fixture wasn't chosen to take the room down a notch. An individual choice, to be sure and I think I would have liked either option. Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I love the room ! Not the chandelier though, doesn't go with the rest of the glam decor .  We also have a glass table in ours ,it is round.    It is not like this one ,  it has a large base that has  champagne/smoke mirrored inserts, on champagne painted wood with gold and silver detail on buffet as well.   chairs are ivory linen .   Large crystal smoke grey chandelier ,  just added a large gilded gold ornate mirror last week to put over buffet.  So I do like the  mirror in the photo in this DR.  I love glamour it makes me happy !,  every time I walk by the dining room I smile .

It doesn't matter to me what's in or not in ,  it's what appeals to me that matters.  to each there own I say.   I also like mid century modern and have that style in another room.  

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

It's always nice to see your posts.  You were missed!

Yup, a tad too formal for me but appreciate you taking the time as always.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@stevieb 

It's always nice to see your posts.  You were missed!

Yup, a tad too formal for me but appreciate you taking the time as always.  Thanks for sharing.

@sceniccoast  Thanks. I'm glad we're all back. I have also been postinga some on the new forum. As things are, I think it's good to have a backup plan... Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Wow I would be so afraid to spill anything! It is elegant. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb This room is too formal for my taste.  I am more country chic.  This dining area reminds me of a saying my mom would often use, these are looking towels, not to be used. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@manny2  Thanks. I have quite a few pictures saved up that it's somewhat of a challenge to post over on the other boards, so for however long I can log in and for however long these boards last, I will probably be posting on both of them, at least for a while. And yep, it's a very formal room. While there's no way I could replicate such a look in my own place, it's still fun to look! Smiley Wink

This is one of my favorite categories on the boards, so keep the pictures coming. I love to see all of the different looks people come up with. Like it or hate it, it is fun to look. 

What a lovely thing to say, @manny2  

@stevieb I'm a fan of graceful chandeliers. Even if not this specific one, I love the curving arms that hold the lights. (I might like it even better if it were decorated for Christmas!)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I enlarged this picture and starred at it for awhile, in an effort to see what I'm missing.   

Little picture or big picture, I do not connect to anything in this room.   

Esteemed Contributor

I like every thing about this room. The only thing I might change is that starburst thing. Maybe in person it looks better. My husband socializes on a professional level w/ people who have this sort of decor and this would actually be their "small" dinning room for more intimate dinners.

Our house is not decorated this way and we have always had a more casual look. After the our boys went off to college/got married/had babies, we redecorated our whole house and we got rid of the formal dinning room. When we have to host dinners for a large group of his fancy business associates we now do it at a restaurant, not at our house.

For the "regular" business friends/associates, our house still works just fine.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."