Valued Contributor

Our house has a dining room, which is never used anymore and I would love to turn it into a library or something else, but too many "things" in the buffet and china cabinet, so I am stuck with it. When living with winters and 4 seasons, I have to have furniture that has some heft to it to keep it looking cozy in the fall and winter. Spindly legs on furniture makes me think of the modern day furniture of the 50's. Did not like it then and do not like it now and I was just a kid then forming my opinions of furniture. Besides that, with people growing in size and stature, spindling, lightweight furniture looks dangerous. we are not as big as people are growing nowadays, but we have two 6'5 son in laws. Wouldn't they look silly sitting on these chairs?

Honored Contributor

This room is stunning , I love elegance and formal rooms.  The dining room chairs are very appealing.  However, I would have a different dining room table, not a glass modern one.

Trusted Contributor

I like the room itself.. love the wallpaper, floors, rug.. 

I may would tweak the dining table and lamps. 

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Regal Bee  Just as an FYI, when posting an attachment, the picture showing is quite small, but usually if you click on it, it opens to full size! It took me a time or two to figure that out, but it does work! The downside is that eventually, the moderators might come along and delete attached pictures because for some strange reason, the service limits attachments, but not inserted pictures. Go figure. Smiley Wink

On the other forum, it is free to have a forum, but you re only allowed so much room for images.  If you go over that, there is a fee.

So, the forum is not able  to accept all images and I can see many postings deleted if they use up too much space.

Honored Contributor

I have to say, I like all the elements in this room. I might not have chosen them all for myself, but I do like them. I think the chairs are quite beautiful and even like the more modern table, though I'd not keep it were I doing this room for myself. Not loving the wall covering, but it works beautifully with the rest of the room. The decorative piece over the cabinet would need to go, but otherwise, I like the rest.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
I don’t care for the table at all. I think if a large (more casual) wood table replaced the glass the room would be a lot more appealing to me.
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb  I love this room. So airy and bright. I love the corinthian columns. They look turquoise to me. Love the glass table.

I would only change two things. That eliptical thing over the china closet and leave that space bare. And the chandelier. I would replace it with a big, honking crystal one. The room is so elegant, so why not use an elegant crystal chandelier. IMO, I think the room can handle it.

Great post. So pretty to look at.

Honored Contributor

It is very classic and pretty, but I know I would definitely change the chandelier! 

Esteemed Contributor

I love the room ! Not the chandelier though, doesn't go with the rest of the glam decor .  We also have a glass table in ours ,it is round.    It is not like this one ,  it has a large base that has  champagne/smoke mirrored inserts, on champagne painted wood with gold and silver detail on buffet as well.   chairs are ivory linen .   Large smoke grey chandelier ,  just added a large gilded gold ornate mirror last week to put over buffet.  So I do like the  mirror in the photo in this DR.  I love glamour it makes me happy !,  every time I walk by the dining room I smile .

It doesn't matter to me what's in or not in ,  it's what appeals to me that matters.  to each there own I say.   I also like mid century modern and have that style in another room.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Regal Bee  Just as an FYI, when posting an attachment, the picture showing is quite small, but usually if you click on it, it opens to full size! It took me a time or two to figure that out, but it does work! The downside is that eventually, the moderators might come along and delete attached pictures because for some strange reason, the service limits attachments, but not inserted pictures. Go figure. Smiley Wink

On the other forum, it is free to have a forum, but you re only allowed so much room for images.  If you go over that, there is a fee.

So, the forum is not able  to accept all images and I can see many postings deleted if they use up too much space.

The limits on ProBoards are for pictures that are posted using the attachment feature. Those that are inserted do not count toward the limit. While this makes no sense to me whatsoever, that's how those boards roll. They've also said that one can use a picture hosting service and that pictures posted using such a service don't count toward the limit either. I'm not personally interested in using a picture hosting service, but have found that inserting pictures is a somewhat reasonable option, though it can be somewhat limiting. There is no question that posting pictures here is easier and enjoys fewer liimitations, including the abiity to copy and paste, but there are advantages to both forums and I am currently enjoying using both. Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...