Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Only people who live in mansions have dining rooms like this these days.  Such rooms are starting to look very old-fashioned. 

Well, you know that they say, everthing old is new again...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I find it very pretty, and love the big gilt mirror, which really sets the tone.  I don't care for the wall covering though--  for me, it brings the look "down",  somehow.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee  There are several ways to post pictures over there and I'd be happy to help you try to figure it all out, but the fact is that picture posting is that site's weakest link. The easiest way to post pictures saved to one's computer is to post them as attachments and yet they are so limited by the volume of pictures that can be posted that way that the push is to post by inserting pictures either from the web or that one has saved to a picture hosting service. Most of what I post over there these days are pictures from the web that I post using the insert feature, as I have no interest in signing up for a picture hosting service, which frankly is a somewhat ridiculous expectation. The fact is that those boards are free and other than picture posting, which clearly requires a work-around, they are good boards that meet most needs.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Regal Bee  There are several ways to post pictures over there and I'd be happy to help you try to figure it all out, but the fact is that picture posting is that site's weakest link. The easiest way to post pictures saved to one's computer is to post them as attachments and yet they are so limited by the volume of pictures that can be posted that way that the push is to post by inserting pictures either from the web or that one has saved to a picture hosting service. Most of what I post over there these days are pictures from the web that I post using the insert feature, as I have no interest in signing up for a picture hosting service, which frankly is a somewhat ridiculous expectation. The fact is that those boards are free and other than picture posting, which clearly requires a work-around, they are good boards that meet most needs.

@stevieb   Thank you so much.....I really appreciate your reply. Most (all) of what I post is my own personal material, I don't post from the web, and I have tried the attachment feature to no avail (at least ten times). The pictures come out barely more than a thumbnail size which destroys the presence of the picture, in my opinion.

I also have no interest in signing up for a picture hosting service.....so, for now, I suppose it is best to post pictures here. Granted, I am a bit tired and perhaps I can try at a later date.

Again, thank you......really appreciate you!

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee  Just as an FYI, when posting an attachment, the picture showing is quite small, but usually if you click on it, it opens to full size! It took me a time or two to figure that out, but it does work! The downside is that eventually, the moderators might come along and delete attached pictures because for some strange reason, the service limits attachments, but not inserted pictures. Go figure. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

I don't really care for the table.  It was 22° here this morning and pretty chilly.  That table looks like ice.  Not sure I'd be comfortable eating there especially in the wintertime.  DW

Respected Contributor

Re: Dining Room Elegance...

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Only people who live in mansions have dining rooms like this these days.  Such rooms are starting to look very old-fashioned. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mean like Antonella's? Way "too much" for me, if not downright "dated". By the way, was she able to unload that thing?

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I know a couple that has a very formal dining room.  They love to entertain.  So they get a lot of use out of it.  The couple has great taste and stye.  So it doesn't look old fashioned.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dining Room Elegance...

[ Edited ]

Definitely formal and elegant. I know people mix styles more than they used to, but I don't like that table in this space. I like the architecture of the room more than the furnishings. My favorite piece is the cabinet. My least favorite things are the starburst and wallpaper. 

Super Contributor

Other than the China cabinet, I don't like any of it.  Much too formal, the table and chairs are a big No, and what are the blue columns in the room for?