Contributor

Didn't know you needed it!

[ Edited ]

Have you ever come across anything that you didn't realize you needed till you saw it or bought it?

The first thing I thought about was my Bissel Floor Steamer. I really like it for the deep clean that I can't get with other tools of mine. The other would be a slim storage cart that I gave to my mother to use in her kitchen. She gathers all her spices and supplies and moves it around to her prep area where she cooks dinner. 

Would love to hear your ideas!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Didn't know you needed it!

Room fans with remote control.  I love it - just sitting at my desk or lying in bed, or waltzing around the kitchen, it's beep beep beep to the setting of my choice.  Personal luxury!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Yup...........bought the stuff..........and realized I STILL didn't need it.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

One thing I really love is the set of Wrapmasters I bought many years ago - one for foil and one for plastic wrap. It makes tearing the wrap and putting the food in it so much easier.

It sounds silly but we have a little tiny vacuum unit shaped like a ladybug that sucks up the crumbs we leave on the tablecloth at mealtimes. Love it.

Honored Contributor

All the time.  Just about every kitchen gadget and storage product that I have bought has been something that has made my life more efficient and easier.  Also my Wagner Steam Cleaner is something that I don't want to be without.  It's all about making my life better and easier and I have found so many things that do that!

Respected Contributor

Was in BedBath a few months ago and needed to spend a few dollars to be able to use a great coupon.  Saw this mini non-stick top and bottom griddle for under $10....just big enough to fry an egg in 2-3 minutes with just a swipe with the dish cloth to clean up.

Bought enough egg-related things that didn’t work out and had to return.  It took me a few months to get around to using the darn thing.  To my surprise, it worked perfectly !!!

Now if I get the munchies, I can have an egg !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

My niece who gets frequent fairy godmother packages from me, has said this to me so many times:  “ Wow, I never knew I needed this ... it saves me time, and doesn’t take up a lot of room ”.   This will work perfectly to keep my scarves or necklaces untangled.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Yes. Don't know what you call it but it's got grippers on one end and when you squeeze the handle they open up so you can grab out of reach things. The pole part is about 3 feet long. Has saved me many many times from getting on my knees or standing on a chair or getting out my step ladder. 

Valued Contributor

Almost everything I buy from QVC is something I don't need!!

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Yes. Don't know what you call it but it's got grippers on one end and when you squeeze the handle they open up so you can grab out of reach things. The pole part is about 3 feet long. Has saved me many many times from getting on my knees or standing on a chair or getting out my step ladder. 

I keep one of these things on my riding lawn mower.  Perfect for picking

up fallen branches and big sticks I don't want to mow over.