Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did you have homemaker tendencies as a young child?

Yes,  I was a Barbie fanatic and had a lot of the items & accessories for them.  What I didn't have, I made.  

My bedroom was small but it was long and narrow.  I would change it around constantly but my main arrangement had my (twin) bed, night stand and dresser at one end with a sitting area at the other.  I guess I was trying to have my own studio apartment w/out a kitchen or bathroom....LOL!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

My mother use to say to me I can do it faster and shoo me away.  Thank goodness for dishwashers after marriage etc. Now with no husband around I can be very lazy.

Valued Contributor

Boy, did I ever.   I loved to clean, cook, mow the yard, do laundry, set the table..... you name it, I loved it.  During the summer when both my parents were working, I would do all of the housework, cook dinner, and have everything done when they got home.  I even cleaned out the car and helped my dad with cleaning the garage on weekends. 

I have three siblings but I am the only one that had these tendencies when we were young. 

I still love to read about decluttering and organizing and plan what do do with a particular area.  I should probably do that for a living.  Unfortunately, my son did not inherit my love of cleaning and organizing.    LOL

Trusted Contributor

Nope; my mother hated housework and I think she passed that gene on to me. I could clean my own house if I weren't so banged up but even if I weren't, I'd still be having a cleaning service. They keep the place clean--better than I would--and they're worth every cent I pay them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, not at all.    I did have dolls ... but I was more interested in making clothes for them, than playing with them.  I had the best dressed dolls in town.

Music lessons were a big part of childhood.  I also spent a lot time reading.