Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did you ever love something totally not.......

This entry way is a pale pink, not beige pink, the area is very large and they had a large area rug that had pink in it.  Off the entry way was the living room that appeared to be a light grey and they had the same rug combo with the furniture having pink in it. Again it's not my style but it worked there.  The entry color continued in the upstairs hallway.

My favorite spot was an enclosed porch/patio with lots of big windows.

I think it was georgeous but not a come on in and put your feet up kind of place.

Respected Contributor

Yes, all the time. I try to not think inside a box with interior design. I love lots of styles that I actually could not live with but still appreciate.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Sure.  I do it all the time.  I see beauty in many things that aren't my style.

One question about the topic here:  Why don't you spell out what the topic is in the title?  Why are so many posted in the teaser style?  Do you think more people will respond?  Since I almost always skip over these, I just am curious why people do it.  No offence intended, not trying to be contentious, I am just really curious about it.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Sure.  I do it all the time.  I see beauty in many things that aren't my style.

One question about the topic here:  Why don't you spell out what the topic is in the title?  Why are so many posted in the teaser style?  Do you think more people will respond?  Since I almost always skip over these, I just am curious why people do it.  No offence intended, not trying to be contentious, I am just really curious about it.

@Sooner.  I usually skip over these topics also. I see many posters do this. I like to know what the thread is about and not waste my time if I am not interested.

Honored Contributor

I sometimes like different style interior decors but would not own them.  I can admire something for what it is even though it is not my taste.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Interesting. Do you mind sharing what brand and color choice you used?

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

Yes I look all the time.  I grew up in a town full of Victorian homes.  They are beautiful to look at but know that I would never think of owning one.

Respected Contributor

I can appreciate the beauty of many styles--without wanting them for myself. That goes for houses, decorating for holidays, furniture, art and fashion!