Honored Contributor

Did anyone see Jill and David today

on Facebook? 

They did about a half hour talk, just the two of them, about Jill's leaving and about their time together at QVC the last 25 years. 

It was quite heartwarming, and I'll admit I shed a tear or two as Jill got so emotional. David has lost two co workers lately that he is really close to, first Meridith, now Jill. 

I've been watching a lot of years (maybe like 20) and I have to say, I'm sad to see the long time hosts leaving. I

If it interest you, the video is on Jill's Facebook page, and they share a lot of really good stories about their jobs, friendship, and how things were in the 'old days' at Q. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Jill and David today

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio,  Thank you for this thread.   I saw the video, and I agree with your comments.🌻   I just posted this on the discussion in "Q Talk," so I'll add it here in case someone would like to have the links.

The complete conversation is saved on David's and Jill's Facebook accounts, for now at least.    I thought it was a genuinely warm, sentimental chat between friends and the ending was so touching and heartfelt.    Here are the links (they're public pages, so we don't have to sign into a Facebook account to click/tap the arrow and watch the chat):

https://www.facebook.com/DavidVenableQVC/videos/443000646255824/

https://www.facebook.com/JillBauerQVC/videos/vb.374478107304/442983949590827/?type=2&theater

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I just watched it.  It was so nice and heart warming.  

Honored Contributor

I also watched it and I have to agree with all the rest of you.  Heartwarming, but bittersweet too.

Frequent Contributor

I'm so disappointed, the link to Facebook said I had to sign in whihc I won't do.  Am I doing something wrong.  I tried both links.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio:  I watched this and I too shed a few tears.  Dave and Jill's friendship is so genuine, which is sometimes rare in this day and time.

Even though I don't watch QVC that often anymore, I have and will go online and watch videos of a favorite older host when a product is being presented.  

I will be watching Jill's FB page to see what her next chapter will be.  One thing, I feel for sure, it will be a hit.

Honored Contributor

@weight watcher wrote:

I'm so disappointed, the link to Facebook said I had to sign in whihc I won't do.  Am I doing something wrong.  I tried both links.

@weight watcher   They are public Facebook pages, and you shouldn't have to sign in.  I've heard other people say that when they get the sign-in notice they just x out of it.  There just be an x in the upper right hand corner of the sign in notice I believe.  If this is incorrect maybe someone else can help you.  It's worth watching.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed it, they seem to have a genuine friendship.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

thank you @Mominohio for posting this!  

and thank you so very much @dooBdoo for the link.

i so very much enjoyed their chat ... and i never would have known about it if not for you ladies! 

Honored Contributor

Sweet.  Jill has always been one of my favorites.