Honored Contributor

Re: Did This Room Accomplish The Look???

[ Edited ]

I didn't like the "jungle" in this room either or those heavy pedestals.  I liked the color combinations, the rug, furniture,wood floors, and the fireplace.   Not crazy about the heavy lamp on the table.  Didn't mind the pictures but not a fan of the overall above the mantel arrangement.  This reminded me of a room I might have to settle for while trying to combine my taste with DH's taste.....not quite there but it is neutral gender, imo. Darn, I wished he didn't care about the decor of the house.  But he does so, to a degree, I have to take that into consideration....darn it again!!!  LOL.  He leans a bit more rustic and I am a bit of everything.  

Esteemed Contributor

Decorating one's home is a very personal thing and as long as the people who live there are happy that's what matters.  Not my choice for my home, however now my home is more feminine since I only have to please myself and I do.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant IMO the whole room is a hot mess! I HATE white furniture. it Is cold and is not practical. I hate the starburst clock, I've always hated starburst decor.

I agree with Kachina -- looks like someone emptied out the attic an had a sale.

Honored Contributor

Although, I think it borders on being a touch more feminine, this works, but I'd dispense with the plants on the coffee table and everything above the fireplace....probably the tablecloth, too.  

Honored Contributor

As usual....I think it looks WAY TOO CLUTTERED!!! Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are things I'd change but think it is, overall, an appealing room. This whole 'masculine-feminine' vibe nonsense is pointless to me. If those who have to live in it like it and are comfortable in it then what possible difference does it make whether or not it's 'balanced'? As far as it goes, I suppose it did accomplish it's goal, silly as that is to me, because to my eyes, it doesn't seem overly masculine or feminine.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would empty the room and start over.

Think it has good bones, but don’t care for the fireplace surround.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I find it pretty, and to me it leans more traditionally feminine, if I thought about it.  Attractive, cheerful summer look for a plant lover.  I imagine it would be tweaked a bit differently in the colder months, which is fine-- a seasonal change of pace is fun.

Honored Contributor

This room is feminine to begin with because of the curve of the fireplace surround and the windows.

The couch and two arm chairs are tailored, is it's half and half.

Honored Contributor

The room itself is spacious and so appealing.  As far as the furnishings and decor, I think it is fitting for male and female.  However, I am not impressed by much of it since it isn't my taste.