Esteemed Contributor

Despite heat front landscaping is done

Even though the heat index was close to 100 the last two days my parents got the front landscaping all done. They even mulched today. They still have a little mulching tomorrow but the front of the house is done. We have some low spots so getting more dirt Thursday then we should be getting grass hopefully in the next few weeks.

99560877-127A-457E-A1BB-3ACF85D9D6CB.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Despite heat front landscaping is done

You have wonderful parents who can do so much for you!

Honored Contributor

In 5 years, that tiny tree at the front will be about 4’, and its roots will be everywhere.   Been there, done that; our trees have been gone 10 years, and we are still dealing with their roots.    

Honored Contributor

It depends on what kind of tree it is.  There are many small ornamental trees whose roots are not intrusive.  I hope everything survives the heat.  I hate to plant anything when it's so hot.  Keep them well watered.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed looking at your landscaping pictures and all of you are doing a beautiful job. Thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

In 5 years, that tiny tree at the front will be about 4’, and its roots will be everywhere.   Been there, done that; our trees have been gone 10 years, and we are still dealing with their roots.    

We had a professional draw up our landscaping plan. It’s a green mountain boxwood. She wouldn’t of put it there if that was the case.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It depends on what kind of tree it is.  There are many small ornamental trees whose roots are not intrusive.  I hope everything survives the heat.  I hate to plant anything when it's so hot.  Keep them well watered.

Luckily it will be cooling way down after today. We are supposed to have a lot of rain tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Three of those up by the garage are Bo Bo hydrangeas.. Next year when it blooms it will be so pretty.

That tree by the house only gets 3 feet.

Honored Contributor

Your parents did a great job!  I'm sure you're pleased with the outcome.

Trusted Contributor

I also thank you for sharing @ccassaday. What color will the hydrangeas be when they bloom? We have a blue one in our yard and it is absolutely gorgeous when bloomed.