Honored Contributor

Re: Desk with Lots of Plants

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I'm not a plant person. 

I've had cactus die on me because I forgot to water them!  Smiley Wink

I had a cactus die because I watered it too much....LOL

Honored Contributor

This looks too much like someone just stuck a bunch of plants on the shelves.  Some of the plants are already too large for the space and have no room to grow.  They looked cramped and uncomfortable.

And maintenance?  Forget it.  Not practical at all.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

My idea of hell is a wall full of houseplants needing watering, feeding, leaf wiping, and repotting when they outgrow their pots. I have so little interest in that much attention for inert objects  and plants seem to know my resistance. Every plant shown might die in the next two weeks just because I viewed them in that photo. I don't wish anything bad to happen to potted plants and I acknowledge they are pretty, but I seem to be fatal to them.

I'm really good with pets and kids, though! Even the ones that need a lot of attention. Go figure...

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I like that it's very cheery looking & puts a smile on your face.

Also, like that they added a couple of pics with all the plants to break it up a bit.  They  managed to do a good job of not making it look cluttered though.  The desk is fine as long as there's a little shelving area nearby for a printer/modem, etc.  I'd like to see the whole room to get a better idea of the space though.  Depends on if it's a small or larger room.     

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Very nice!  The room must get a lot of natural sunlight.

@ValuSkr 

Or has a lot of fluroescent bulbs to supplement for the light.  My former hairdresser who has a very high-end shop (that I can no longer afford since I no longer work) has 2-3 dozen orchids (real orchids) and has fluorescent lights to support the lack of natural light.  Even her work stations are glass with lights coming from underneath them and she has the photographs of Cary Grant, MM, James Dean.  Just a darling shop.  The orchids are professionally cared for twice weekly (I asked how does she maintain them and she told me that).

Trusted Contributor

Very pretty!  I would not want to be sitting there however if there was a earthquake!  Ouch!!

Honored Contributor

It looks like someone went to Lowe's or the grocery store and bought every (bland) green plant they could buy and stuck them on the shelves for a photo op.

Don't like this look at all, not even the shelves themselves.  Very impractical to try and water, especially the top shelf unless they are artificial (so not a fan) as the desk juts out and you'd have to stand on a step ladder.

Lose some of the shelving, it's too high to keep dusted, add some photos or framed prints, some porcelain or pottery peices and a few colorful plants.

I really like houseplants, mine where chosen because they *spoke* to me.  The planters they're in are visually appealing to me.  I only have 6 plants now as mine have to travel with us.