Honored Contributor

Re: Designs Featuring Modern Sofas

[ Edited ]

I could probably tolerate 1 (in a different color) 2, 3, 7 and 10, but the rest are a big no go. None of them would be my choice. Modern isn't really my thing. At all. I don't mind a few more modern elements, but nothing as major as a sofa.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the first seven, but not the last two.  

Honored Contributor

I like #2, and number #4, they are very neutral, so you could use whatever colors you wanted.....

Esteemed Contributor

None of them look really comfortable to me........I like curling up on mine with an afgan to read a book...LOL

Honored Contributor

Just not my style............

And I especially dislike sofas that are very light those that are white or beige etc in color I just think they are impractical.....I can only image how they would look in homes with pets and/or kids within 30days..............................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I bet #9 is a hotel lobby.  It has the requisite coffee bar and computer work station.  On the left there appears to be a "front desk". 

I think it's handy that one can store one's bowling balls on the coffee table, as in #10. 

@Kachina624

😄  😄   😄.....  the bowling balls!............Yep, I can picture it.....when you get home from a bowling tournament you are tired so you just drop the ball on the coffee table and go take a nice shower...............LOL!!!.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ones I can tolerate are #6 and #7 but some elements of the rooms bother me...

Some elements of #6 are okay....but I hate those 2 chairs it looks like you didnt have enough seating so you grabbed 2 chairs from your dinning room table so your guests have a place to sit.....the room might have been fine with just a nice upholstered chair in that spot.............and that white half sofa does nothing for the room looks like an after thought.

I like the sofa in #7 but not the light color, but I think the size of the coffee table is out of proportion to the size and style of the sofa....and I dont like those chairs to the left, they just look awkward, again like you moved chairs together to accommodate discussion when your having a get together........the placement just looks odd to me.....the fire place looks a bit blah too...................

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for any of them because I don't like the modern style.  I like traditional w/"plumpy", soft upholstery.  Seems more warm and comfy to me.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I bet #9 is a hotel lobby.  It has the requisite coffee bar and computer work station.  On the left there appears to be a "front desk". 

I think it's handy that one can store one's bowling balls on the coffee table, as in #10. 

@Kachina624

😄  😄   😄.....  the bowling balls!............Yep, I can picture it.....when you get home from a bowling tournament you are tired so you just drop the ball on the coffee table and go take a nice shower...............LOL!!!.

@Kachina624

Oh Kachina I didnt notice it at first on #10, but even the painting above the sofa appeas to be a tribute to bowling balls...........LOL!