Esteemed Contributor

Re: Design Around a Special Piece of Furniture

At first glance, I was reminded of those costumes where one guy is the front of the horse and the other guy is the back. The legs on the cabinet reminded me of two people holding it up. Either that or an old fashioned gambling wheel. The colors are interesting but the cabinet itself is not greater than the sum of its parts.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

I like most of the colors used.  However, I'd only keep the 2 chairs in the back & remove all other furnishings.  The colorful cabinet would be moved to a "fun relaxing" room - I don't think it fits the living room.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

That room is a mess.  Mustard gold paint on the wall, green sofa with blue fringe, baby blue chairs.  I'm sorry but this is a desin mess.  Oh, look at the cocktail table -- whoever designed could not make up their mind with traditional and modern and the rug --yuck!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I think the cabinet would be highlighted better in a room with less color confusion.

The cabinet is cool; but I don't care for the rest of the room.

Honored Contributor

OMG -- that thing would give me migraines!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Egads......it's a NO to the cabinet and also to the rest of the room.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

The cabinet is just too much, if you are going to use it ina room, to me the rest of the space needs to be simple. The cabinet adds enough! The rug clashes in my opinion.