Honored Contributor

Re: Described As Traditional Beach Style

@jubilant 

I can’t see the picture. 

Honored Contributor

It's a very light, airy and soothing room, but it doesn't say 'beach' to me!

Honored Contributor

this room looks so nice and relaxing.....definitely a beach feel, but it needs some color added......turquoise, coral, aqua, dusty rose, lime, lemon......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

It has a quite feeling but I would add some color. Wallpaper inside the book shelf would look nice. And throw pillows with color would punch things up. It’s a nice space.
Respected Contributor

Reminds me of my son's house at the beach. It's beautiful but plain  they don't want to put holes in the walls. The view is beautiful. 

Honored Contributor

NANTUCKET 4 PORT — Pinney Designs Inc

@wilma  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant 

Yes, I see the photo now. Thank you. 

I think the furnishings look traditional, but I’m not sure what traditional beach style is. I think the room itself is very nice, but I’m not loving the furniture. The sofa is strange looking with that thin back. I would prefer more color in my furnishings & accessories. I love the windows, fireplace, & built-ins. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma wrote:

@jubilant 

Yes, I see the photo now. Thank you. 

I think the furnishings look traditional, but I’m not sure what traditional beach style is. I think the room room itself is very nice, but I’m not loving the furniture. The sofa is strange looking with that thin back. I would prefer more color in my furnishings & accessories. I love the windows, fireplace, & built-ins. 

@wilma  I really never heard of traditional beach either.  I think you can put any 2 or 3 styles together these days and call it whatever you want.  This is more traditional to me and it did catch my eye.  I thought maybe they have such a beautiful colorful view that they didn't feel the need for more color.  More pillows...more decor....more work.  If I had a cottage that wasn't my permanent address, I think I would want to keep it very simple. Of course, if I had a lot of money, I guess I could hire it done.....but I don't!!! LOL.