Super Contributor

Delonghi portable air conditioner

Anybody receive/using the delonghi 4 in 1 portable air conditioner that was a recent TSV?  I have one coming in advance order (hope it ships tomorrow). 

Would love to hear from those that have recent experience with the set up and performance. 

Thanks much!

Honored Contributor

Re: Delonghi portable air conditioner

[ Edited ]

@Calgal2too 

I ordered QVC's 3 in 1 Delonghi 8300 BTU for 700 square feet, basically the same model as the 4 in 1 without the heater.  Using it a little over a week as helper in the bedroom and master bath (about 425 sq feet) because they are the only rooms the central AC doesn't cool well.

Surprisingly, very cold air and powerful airflow.  Cools the room very quickly.  Overall it works very well.  

Set up...well, with my 29 inch double hung window the panel insert did not fit properly.  The window is exactly 29 inches.  It was recommended buyer cut out the hole to make the hose connection fit.  The smaller panel used with one of the larger ones was too short.  

I had a terrible time screwing on the connections to the hose.  They wouldn't catch, but got them together even though they don't fit well, but at least they don't leak.  It was similar to screwing a lid onto a jar crooked.  Couldn't straighten out the connections.  Very poor design.  Maybe, I was doing something wrong, but received it Friday evening.  Instruction booklet no help.  Delonghi customer service was closed until Monday.  Looked on Youtube how to do it, but none of the 4 videos showed that.  So decided to figure it out myself. 

Without those problems, installation would have been very easy.

It is loud even with only the fan running. 

I was looking for an AC that had an off and on feature.  The fan  turns off when the compressor shuts off, turns on again when the compressor comes back on.   Asked if this model had that feature under Questions.  A Delonghi representative answering questions at the time said it did.  But, the one I ordered doesn't.  The fan runs all the time.  At first I thought it was defective and maybe it is. I would not have purchased it if it this model doesn't have this feature.  My little window AC had that feature and it was wonderful because you're not listening to a fan all the time.  

I haven't tried the dehumidifier.

I will be returning because of the off and on fan feature.  Not looking forward to getting this large 70 lb AC back in the box.  Other than those problems, it's excellent at cooling.  

Super Contributor

This is good info, thank you for sharing your experience.

My A/C shipped yesterday from So Cal, and because I'm in No Cal, it will arrive today!  Very happy about that, as it's supposed to warm up again this weekend.  I live in a 2nd floor apartment, very old with little/no insulation, so it gets pretty brutal, and summer's only just started!

Got all my fingers crossed that this is a good solution, as the idea of repackaging such a huge, heavy item to return doesn't sound pleasant.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got my A/C yesterday.  It is not going to fit in the room as I'd hoped it would, but I will try to find a work around.  The hose is so big around, that it's not flexible at all, so unless it's a straight  line between the unit and window bracket, you're sunk.

I, too, had problems connecting the hose to the unit, and to the piece that fits in the window bracket.  You *think* it's connected, but tug it on even slightly, and it pops right out.  Frustrating.

Foxxee, did you return yours?  Wondering how that works, with such a heavy/bulky item.  Can you arrange thru QVC for the shipper (UPS?) to come and pick it up?  

Hoping it doesn't come to that, but would be good to have that info, just in case.

Oh, and mine is the 3 in 1, not 4 in 1.  Sounds like the same unit you have.