Frequent Contributor
@Sooner- thankyou
Respected Contributor

@Kimnola I like it on the back of the cabinet.  If I see it correctly it has sides that look like it's made to rest on a table.  It looks good to me!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Tall enough to "ground" the mirror above the table TO the table.  Not too chunky but big enough to hold the table down and connect the two pieces.  

Mirror should be hung high enough for someone of average height to see themselves in it.  

Can't let my 6'3" hubby hang anything wthout proper supervision.  Me.

Respected Contributor

@Kimnola I would hang the mirror vertically instead of horizontal.  It will draw your eye up and will enhance the table.  Both are very attractive pieces and will show much better if the mirror is hung vertically a flower arrangement on the table will bring in some color.  A short arrangement would be nice or some Casablanca lilies or Stargazer lillies would be lovely and they would reflect in the mirror as well for a double exposure.

Honored Contributor

Re: Decorator advise please

[ Edited ]

It looks great....to me it looks like it has always been there.

We have a very similar piece with antique green tile in the back....we were told it's called an Engish Wash Stand.

@Kimnola     As I mentioned we have a piece like this...where you have the mirror placed, is where the green tile is on our washstand....that is why I don't think it looks odd.  Above my washstand I have a picture hanging.

Valued Contributor

I love the look of a European sideboard and you are creating that with the picture you posted. (And if you like it that’s all that really matters.😊) I would, however, think about relocating the picture above, putting all the focus on your lovely creation. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Decorator advise please

[ Edited ]

Try turning the mirror around and hanging it with the long sides (top to bottom aka vertically) for better visual interest and a quick glance in the mirror before leaving the house. Hang it high enough for everyone to use!

Since it is a narrow mirror, you could keep the current floral arrangement or a piece of pottery or jar, set of candles (3), book to one side or a small lamp. Keep it simple. That lovely mirror and sideboard is your focal point. Don't put anything in front of the mirror!

ETA: Your photo is great. Thanks for sharing. Hope to see more. Smiley Wink

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

i agree with hanging it just above the wash bar.  it's going to look perfect! 

Honored Contributor

I think it’s fine as it is. Beautiful pieces!

Since the op mentioned how heavy it is, it might not be so easy to hang. If its weight makes that problematic I would consider turning it vertically on your table, but that means your picture would probably have to be moved.