Honored Contributor

It was all the rage, I have just one, and used it for awhile. 

I've grown bored with trying to make a different look, as mostly I come up with using flameless candles and a ring or some other 'vegetation'. I went and Googled 'decorating with cages', to see if I can find something different to do with my cage, as I am considering selling it in my purge quest. 

I did find this, that is different than anything I've ever done. And I like it. 

Image result for decorating with cages

So do you have any different ideas for decorating with cages? 

Honored Contributor

Image result for decorating with cages

This is not my style, but it is something other than candles, for sure.

Respected Contributor

I like it...looks like a vintage treasure chest!

Honored Contributor

Filling it with real or realistic looking greenery (ivy, pothos, etc.) would appeal to me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

i like the idea of greenery, or even maybe a nest with a realistic looking bird in it. 

don't care for the mis-mash of items. 

looks junky to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio : you used it, you enjoyed it to it's fullest potential. Time to sell it and make way for an open space or something new in decor.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i like the idea of greenery, or even maybe a nest with a realistic looking bird in it. 

don't care for the mis-mash of items. 

looks junky to me.

@kittyloo 

I like the idea of greenery WITH a bird's nest with realistic eggs in it, good idea!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  I have one filled with flowery looking potpourri. It was given to me and I really like it. It's not as large as the one in your pic.

Honored Contributor

It is an interesting idea and if you have  odds and ends in the collectible area, why not put them in the cage.  Sometimes we hold on to things and find different uses, it's what you are happy with.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Decorating with cages

[ Edited ]

the only cage i ever had was in the 60's at my mom's house....it was the cage for our canary....mom was a clean freak....one day she was vacuuming the bottom of the cage....and sucked up the bird.....true story....i have never forgotten that day....that was the end of cages.......