Respected Contributor

@aroc3435  I think you have some really good ideas.I have two cages and always on the lookout for more.

Honored Contributor

Use your imagination.  If you love perfume, place your perfume bottles in it with artificial roses in different colors and some potpourri and keep it in your bedroom.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

A year or so ago I purchased a set of 2 birdcages from Zulily. Silly me I assumed they would open from the top, but no, only the bottom opens. This was never stated in the description. They sat unused for a while, until one day my grandson was here playing with his hot wheels, and a light bulb went off. Finally found a use for those otherwise useless cages.  Good storage for his hot wheels and looks kinda cute in his room.

I know my story is of no help to you @Mominohio Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

sorry I have no ideas but I have beautiful "empty" birdcages on the pot ledges in my DR and kitchen.

These birdcages were left by the previous owner.  Some of them are 4-5' tall with copper roofs, some have rustic black roofs & others are off white traditional pretty cages.  The ones on my DR hutch has a ivy vine & candle in it. 

I sold 4 of them at our community yard sale in less than 15 minutes !  Obviously, those who decorate with them had ideas because the couple was thrilled to buy these!!!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Cages are great and unique to decorate. I think you can add some color and pleasant vibes like flowers, balls or small toys to fill the cage. This will add liveliness to décor.

Respected Contributor

I have 3 from VPH, different years. One holds a fern, one holds faux lemons and the last one has glitter spheres from Pier 1

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I had 1 that I used in Spring and Summer for about 5 years. I used it with flameless candles, seashells, floral arrangements, and more.

I just donated it 2 weeks ago....I got tired of it and it looked dated to me.

@DREAMON 

Yeah, I'm tired of it. 

I wanted one so bad, and thought I'd found one that would last me a long time. I did use it for a couple of years, but it has been in the basement for two years on a shelf. That alone tells me I"m just not so into it anymore. 

Honored Contributor

You all came up with some great and different ideas. 

But I did sell mine, someone is supposed to pick it up Friday. 

I got what I paid for it, so no loss there. 

I guess I'm more into a big lantern to fill with things than the cages. I do up several big lanterns every season/holiday, and keep coming up with new and exciting (to me!) ways to use them. I guess I just do see the cages as being as versatile. And things in the lantern stay cleaner (dust free) in between changes, so less cleaning/ maintanece.

Honored Contributor

In the 1980s I had a big white one on a stand.  I had something in it, can't remember what, but didn't keep it very long.  It was BIG!