Honored Contributor

Re: Decorating with Panels, Diptychs and Triptychs

@hopi

What about something like this?

Trusted Contributor

I’m usually not a fan of these, because they are mostly mass manufactured.  It’s rare that you can find a one-of-a-kind piece using panels by an independent artist. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love triptychs!  I have three original  paintings (by an artist I found on Etsy) in my family room of trees. 

Triptychs have been around for a long time so I'm surprised by the comments here.  There are all different kinds just like there are all different styles of any art.

If you don't like panels or paintings in mulitples or threes then I guess they aren't for you...It has nothing to do if it's traditional, abstract, contemporary, Asian or any other style. 

Respected Contributor

I do like polyptychs, but with the exception of the pentaptych (five panel) example, not the ones offered in this thread.  I have often considered using some of my husband's photography in the same manner.

Another way to use tychs, in any quantity, to fill a  large blank space is to cover foam boards with padding and fabric, much like upholstered seats.  Although usually seen so, they do not need to be mounted vertically.   

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Usually, I don't like them, but it does depend on the art itself... I think the first one in blue is reasonably attractive... Overall though, I'd rather just have a single piece of art.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@hopi

What about something like this?

This one is all right, I suppose, to add some texture and movement, but there are, for me, easier and better ways to achieve the same goals... Glad that wallpaper is making a comeback, and, as far as I'm concerned, it never left...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

stevieb wrote, in part:  ". . . 
Glad that wallpaper is making a comeback, and, as far as I'm concerned, it never left..." (sic)

Wallpaper can also be mounted as a tych.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.