Honored Contributor

Re: Decorating Outdoors.. Do you decorate your porch, deck, etc?

@ZoetheCat wrote:

I am a little bit obsessed with decorating, both inside and outside.  I love to change out my decor with each season.  To my husband's chagrin, I have an attic full of decorating "stuff."  I guess I see our home as our sanctuary, a refuge away from all the noise.

We have a wrap around porch and below is a picture I took last year.  I'm in the process of decorating for this season, if only it would warm up!

100_0311.JPG

Love, love, love it!

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@house_cat,Thank you for posting your patriotic bow! I figure you made the effort to buy it and hang it up, so it counts in my book. If I remember correctly, wasn't in the last year or so you had posted pitcures of your pretty home on the boards here? I loved seeing them, and remember everyone else did too. You had a very neat flour container, and other special things in your kitchen.Very well done...

Your home is so nice and inviting. I hope you find time to post more photos sometime when you've decorated for a season, or just switched things around for a new look. Thanks again! pinky

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann

How sweet of you to remember, pinky ann.  Yes, we had the house painted last spring and it inspired me to take some photos.  My house is my happy place - I'd rather be putzing around here than anywhere in the world. It's small, only 1350 sq feet, but it's "me" for sure.  I love when the forum members post pictures. It always inspires me.

I wish I could remember who it was that posted a bunch of photos of her house interior decorated for Christmas.  It was on a thread from several years ago.  I was so impressed that anyone would go through that much trouble and her home was large and spectacular. If anyone remembers who that was, please remind me.

And speaking of things that are so "me", here's a photo of an afghan I finished this week.  I had someone in mind to give it to, but I might have to keep it myself.

Maybe I should have started a separate thread - Things in Our Homes that Really Reflect Our Personalities.

af 2.jpg

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@house_cat Your afghan is beautiful! I hope you do keep it for yourself. I feel just like you do that my home is my refuge and sanctuary. I go out when I need to, and once in awhile just to get out, but I'm very happy to be home doing anything that comes to mind.

The Christmas photo you mentioned... would it be Natalie's Grama that posted it? There may be another that I can't remember just now, but this was posted in "Holidays" last Christmas, and she had a gorgeous set up of trees and a huge village and lights. It was spectacular! 

I'll be on the look out for the thread you mentioned. It's so nice to see the Home forum get busy again. So nice chatting with you! pinky

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann

I'm sure Natalie's Grandma had a beautiful home, but the one I'm referring to was posted here several years ago.  It was a forum member who was very active on the boards at that time, but this old memory has no clue what her name was.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

This rug was supposed to go outside on the deck, but never made it! lol  This is my new reading room, aka the spare bedroom. The photo doesn't show all of the room, but this is the main area I wanted to post. The recliner is new,and the most comfy chair ever! pinky2016 spring and others 013.JPG

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann wrote:

This rug was supposed to go outside on the deck, but never made it! lol  This is my new reading room, aka the spare bedroom. The photo doesn't show all of the room, but this is the main area I wanted to post. The recliner is new,and the most comfy chair ever! pinky2016 spring and others 013.JPG

What a lovely, light infused and comfy room! And not to discount your home decor, but the beautiful kitty is the most welcoming part of all.

IT looks like one we lost much too young a couple of years ago. I'd love to sit in that chair and snuggle up with him(her?).

@pinky ann

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio, Thanks for your nice comments and for taking a look! Rocky is the kitty in the photo, and is a very sweet cat. He's about 11 years old, and was a shelter cat when we decided to get our first cat a friend. He's the second of four, and the one most like a dog, in that he listens pretty well. I left the throw on the chair knowing he'd have to test out my chair, and was sure he'd love it! pinky

Honored Contributor

I have a very small front porch.  My front door is painted glossy black.  I have large black urn with white begonias in it.  That is all for the front.

My patio in back has a round table and four chairs with a red and white striped umbrella and many many pots of geraniums, begonias, lilies, hucherra, fountain grass, and petunias.  

Valued Contributor

@DiAnne, I love the sound of your front porch with the black and white. It must look very sharp. Your red and white and all of the flowers must feel so summery, and  look beautiful. I love all flowers, but geraniums in particular, and just bought a small one for our table outside.

Do you have your flowers mainly in pots or beds? We've got both, and I kind of like the potted idea more, as there's less weeding involved! lol I hope you really get to enjoy your outside spaces this summer. Thank you so much for posting! pinky