Honored Contributor

Re: Decorating Outdoors.. Do you decorate your porch, deck, etc?

@SilleeMee

That's not my porch, though I wish it were.

It belongs to Zoe the Cat.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@SilleeMee

OHSmiley Embarassed. You cat people are all alike...Smiley Tongue...JUST KIDDING!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat,

Wow you have a really nice porch. I live in a ghetto compared to that...well, almost.Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Well, I finally had time to visit the shed place and spoke with the woman who runs the place.

After talking with her, I found out that I can place the shed in the back part of my yard even though it has a slope.

They can build the up the base so it takes up some odd space that I can't do anything else with.

You can choose a shed with a wooden frame or a steel frame. She pointed out that I can mount a flag on the front of it....just what I wanted to do!

I can also mount shelves and hooks on the wood, so I think I will go that route.

It will have four feet of porch so I can put my Valerie bistro set on it with some flower pots.

It will have two windows in the front and I should be able to place those rail baskets  for flowers on the rails. It will be between two big shade trees.

I can request a cut out for an a/c unit so I will be able to go out there any time of year to work.

It will be sage green which is the same color as my house with a silver metal roof.

Those fake trellis things with lights could even go on the little deck rail as it will be fully electric. I saw one picture where they hung lights from the bottom of the porch.

I am so excited to be able to decorate the place where I will put my seasonal decorations! I have wanted one of these for years and years!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

@SilleeMee

OHSmiley Embarassed. You cat people are all alike...Smiley Tongue...JUST KIDDING!Woman LOL

Yes.. we are  >^..^<

Someone else made the same mistake, probably because I re-posted her photo.  Sorry about that Zoe the Cat.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@flickerbulb, It's wonderful that you'll get exactly what you want with your shed. How fun is it going to be to decorate the home of your decorations! lol Good for you!   pinky

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, @pinkyann!

I have been wanting a place for my seasonal decorations for years and years and it is exciting that I FINALLY am able to make it happen!

I can sit on the little porch and pull out a box and take out what I want! Plus, it is cute and not just some yucky box shed.

Valued Contributor

@flickerbulb Oh, come on now.... Being able to sit on that adorable porch, looking through boxes of holiday treasures? It's too much for you to do alone! I must come over and help! How many hours from PA are you, flickerbulb? Rats... I  just remembered, Ihave no sense of direction anyway. Enjoy your adorable new place! lol pinky

Super Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

@SilleeMee

Yes.. we are  >^..^<

Someone else made the same mistake, probably because I re-posted her photo.  Sorry about that Zoe the Cat.

Thank you ladies!  My husband I built our home and the only thing I was adamant about was that I wanted a wrap around porch.  We live in New England so we only use it for about 4 months a year, but I decorate it for every season.  

Cat people are the best, right house cat?