Honored Contributor

Re: Decorating Outdoors.. Do you decorate your porch, deck, etc?

@pinky ann

I have large dogs who do not understand the difference between a flower and a weed when it comes to where they step.  I have lots of pots on the patio and I also have a few large pots in the garden.  I arrange them in a random fashion (like growing in garden) instead of in a row.  I have large pots in yard with clematis growing up in them to give some height. This year I spray painted a couple of pots red and planted them with white begonias.  They look great so far. .  

Respected Contributor

I live in an upstairs apt. and have a balcony off the kitchen. I enclosed it with bamboo/reed fencing, have a table and chairs out there, area rugs, a large silk plant, Buddha, and several flameless candles set on timers. It's my peaceful sanctuary. I sit out there and read or just listen to the birds sing. Whenever I go to Trader Joe's, I pick up some colorful flowers to place on my table behind the Buddha. My cats love going out there. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

@DiAnne,, You're flower arrrangements in large pots are a great soultion to the dogs, as they don't know the difference. It's a neat way to arrange them more randomly, and probably adds lots of interest. I hope they bloom beautifully for you this summer! pinky

Valued Contributor

@catwhisperer, Your balcony does sound so peaceful, pretty, and tranquil! You've described it so well, I can easily picture it. I hope you're able to use it a good part of the year. I know I'd want to if it were my place... Thank you so much for posting! pinky

Respected Contributor

@pinky ann wrote:

@catwhisperer, Your balcony does sound so peaceful, pretty, and tranquil! You've described it so well, I can easily picture it. I hope you're able to use it a good part of the year. I know I'd want to if it were my place... Thank you so much for posting! pinky

@pinky ann...I live in So. CA, so yes, I am able to use it pretty much year round. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

@catwhisperer, I'm really happy that  you live in CA so you're able to use your balcony all year.round. It sounds much too nice not to! pinky

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

PinkyAnn:  This is one of the most wonderful rooms that I've ever seen.  Purrfectly wonderful.  Love the light, the kitty, the carpet, the very nice recliner.  Just my kind of room.  I'd love to be right there with your kitty. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@ROMARY, Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments, Romary! I've always loved the energy in that room, and I'm so glad that now I get to use it just to relax in. Rocky would enjoy time with you in the recliner to be sure. The throw is there to keep the chair as hair free as possible. lol Thanks again for your kind words! pinky

Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@ZoetheCat wrote:

I am a little bit obsessed with decorating, both inside and outside.  I love to change out my decor with each season.  To my husband's chagrin, I have an attic full of decorating "stuff."  I guess I see our home as our sanctuary, a refuge away from all the noise.

We have a wrap around porch and below is a picture I took last year.  I'm in the process of decorating for this season, if only it would warm up!

100_0311.JPG

Love, love, love it!

Me too. Could spend the afternoon on the porch.....very inviting.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@house_cat,

Wow you have a very nice porch. I live in a ghetto compared to that...well, almost.Woman LOL