Respected Contributor

Re: Declutter 2024: What Have You Purged Today?

@Fifi1 wrote:

20 Pair of shoes bagged up for donation - many new or very close to new. 
its almost embarrassing to share! Feels good though! Also tossed some cosmetics I don't use!
good work everyone!

@Fifi1 - Nope, not embarrassing, just real life! Good job!

Honored Contributor

I didn't make a list but yesterday I started in on a major old bodycare and makeup purge - foundations, BB creams, eyeshadow palettes, liners, half used body creams, dead laser hair removal device, comb w/missing teeth, lipsticks galore, old never opened mascaras, blushes, etc.  

This was just the first pass. I still have other boxes to go through.  Once I'm done with the first passes, I'll categorize everything and refine each group.  Then I'll organize by like kinds. 

Trusted Contributor

This is inspiring to come here and read.

if you celebrate Easter, enjoy.  Just us two this year, so I may purge a little more.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I didn't make a list but yesterday I started in on a major old bodycare and makeup purge - foundations, BB creams, eyeshadow palettes, liners, half used body creams, dead laser hair removal device, comb w/missing teeth, lipsticks galore, old never opened mascaras, blushes, etc.  

This was just the first pass. I still have other boxes to go through.  Once I'm done with the first passes, I'll categorize everything and refine each group.  Then I'll organize by like kinds. 

@JeanLouiseFinch - Welcome, it's great to see you here! That sounds like a great first pass. 

Respected Contributor

I tossed a pair of slippers that was ripping out. 

Honored Contributor

Happy Easter everyone.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

My mother is probably looking down on me wondering what Im doing closet cleaning on Easter! Ha! Just us two for dinner and dh has under contro! 

two more bags of clothing to go! 
at least one closet is color coordinated now!  

af few more cosmetics and toiletries gone too!  Try to toss three items from my bath daily at least! 

HAPPY Easter if you celebrate! I did some readings this morning, even though not church.

Frequent Contributor

April Fool's Day!  But no joke, my shoe area is out of control!  So today I started trying some on and making decisions.  A big one is that I'm donating a nice pair of brown leather boots.  I only wore them once or twice because they are pointy-toed.  I've decided to be kind to my feet and not force my toes into a point.  It's not the shape of a human foot, anyhow!  Also, tossed some well-worn sandals.  It's a start!

A sterling silver station necklace with semi-precious stones is going because it flips over showing the back of at least half the stones at one time.  I've fussed with it for the last time.

Eight plastic bangles in pretty shapes and colors that i think would be better for someone younger, maybe even a child to play with.  And a bracelet I had since I was a kid that a neighbor who had a rock tumbler made for me. 

A Snoopy pendant of him as a runner because I had a crush on a boy on the track team.  He paid me no attention in high school, but we met again in college and dated for three years. 

Other household items such as a duck figurine, an oximeter, and a soap dispenser. 

Trusted Contributor

Another shameful post...a kitchen garbage bag of body lotions and sprays fro B&BW @and a few bottles of partially used nice fragrances that are taking upndrawer space!

felt good though!

Respected Contributor

@Fifi1 wrote:

Another shameful post...a kitchen garbage bag of body lotions and sprays fro B&BW @and a few bottles of partially used nice fragrances that are taking upndrawer space!

felt good though!

@Fifi1 - No shame allowed here! If you know that you won't use it, and you can't donate it or give it to someone else to use, you might as well get it out of your house. I wish I lived closer to you though, I love BBW and would have taken it off your hands!